Regent/Oceania/Prestige Holdings

I attended a presentation by Kunal Kamlani and Oceania cruises in Toronto today, and must say that I was very impressed by the vision that Kunal and Frank Del Rio have for Regent and Oceania. And I say this as a long-time RSSC cruiser (Platinum status) who once thought FDR was out to destroy Regent and was a complete As---le. I booked an Oceania cruise on the spot, and will return to Regent as well if they ever drop the stupid free shore excursion program that we hate. Well done Prestige and Kunal for putting on such a great show today.

Thank you for your post. I also see PCH's vision for Regent and Oceania and find it quite positive. Agree about included excursions but am not ready to give up the loyalty perks offered by Regent. They are by far the richest benefits of any luxury cruise line.

Agree with those Regent loyalty perks. In fact, I asked Kunal why Prestige didn't allow their loyal clients to accumulate and use their status across both cruise lines (regent and oceania). He said something about wanting to maintain separate brands and not poaching from each other. Didn't make any sense to me, especially since I was invited to the presentation as a platinum regent client who had never sailed with Oceania. FDR - pay attention here -- you have a great client base that you can make loyal clients for life just by extending our status across both lines.

I attended the same presentation. They certainly went all out but I wish there had been less talking and more pictures shown. The spiel by the sales manager was fine but would have been more effective if it had been broken up with some shots of interiors of the ships and some pictures from some cruises. I have never sailed on Oceania so would have appreciated more visuals. I know, we received lots of brochures, but it isn't the same. I guess it was just me because it certainly didn't stop the bookings. I was watching the cook books disappear (received a book if you booked).

I attended the same presentation. They certainly went all out but I wish there had been less talking and more pictures shown. The spiel by the sales manager was fine but would have been more effective if it had been broken up with some shots of interiors of the ships and some pictures from some cruises. I have never sailed on Oceania so would have appreciated more visuals.

Check our their blog

lots of visuals

http://www.oceaniacruisesblog.com/

Coomodore Dave and Three Chicks - Can you tell us a bit more about the event? Was it only for Regent Platinum and invite only? Was it through your TA? Had no idea this was happeningand would have been interested....thx

Coomodore Dave and Three Chicks - Can you tell us a bit more about the event? Was it only for Regent Platinum and invite only? Was it through your TA? Had no idea this was happeningand would have been interested....thx

This was a presentation hosted by my travel agency (and presumably Dave's) and Oceania and was by invitation only. I am Regent Gold and have never cruised on Oceania but this had nothing to do with Regent. It was an Oceania promotion for the agency's clients.

I'd be interested in knowing if the TA suggested you go to an Oceania presentation or just let you know about it in case you are interested.

I was invited by the agency as I am a client. My personal TA never mentioned it - the invitation came from her boss - but I spoke with her at the event. There was no pressure whatsoever. The presentation was a combined effort by Oceania and my agency. Information was provided and you could speak with your TA or Oceania reps. You were left to make up your own mind.

Last month another large Canadian agency held the same event over two days. I was invited to that one too as I had made a booking with them several years ago. I did not attend.

I was invited by the agency as I am a client. My personal TA never mentioned it - the invitation came from her boss - but I spoke with her at the event. There was no pressure whatsoever. The presentation was a combined effort by Oceania and my agency. Information was provided and you could speak with your TA or Oceania reps. You were left to make up your own mind.

Last month another large Canadian agency held the same event over two days. I was invited to that one too as I had made a booking with them several years ago. I did not attend.

Thanks for answering my question. Do you have plans to try Oceania at this point? Also, was anything mentioned about a new Oceania ship? Someone on the Oceania board made a comment about their new ship. BTW, I still firmly believe that Regent's ship will be first:D

Thanks for answering my question. Do you have plans to try Oceania at this point? Also, was anything mentioned about a new Oceania ship? Someone on the Oceania board made a comment about their new ship. BTW, I still firmly believe that Regent's ship will be first:D

I look at Oceania but when I do the math I don't find any advantage to booking them over Regent. By the time you do the liquour package, excursions, gratuities, etc., it seems to be very close. If you booked yesterday for 2013 the gratuities were included and there was a discount on the price of the cruise which made it quite attractive. I spoke to a couple of people who had cruised Oceania and they loved it, especially the food, and I saw them make a booking at the presentation. I didn't hear any mention of a new ship. I was there out of curiosity.

Elsie - I did the maths and Oceania came out ahead for me AND with a far superior suite to what we would have had on Regent... If you send me an e mail I will send you my spreadsheet!! And some pix of our suite. Wow! What a ship and what a company!!

Gerry

Gerry, we have not met but my husband and I love Regent, have just sailed Crystal and were very impressed. The best food on any ship and/or line we have sailed. I thought the service comparable to Regent and Silver Sea although I also thought the Serenity was the cleanest ship I've ever sailed. Would you send me your spreadsheet if I provide my email? We want to also try Oceania. Understand if you prefer not to. Thanks.

Elsie - I did the maths and Oceania came out ahead for me AND with a far superior suite to what we would have had on Regent... If you send me an e mail I will send you my spreadsheet!! And some pix of our suite. Wow! What a ship and what a company!!

Gerry

I can't find your email on your public profile. My email address is on my profile. Would you please send the spreadsheet to me, too. Thanks. Always enjoy your sensible posts.

Elsie-

One more question

If the price today for a sailing is 4,000 after the bonus and the 2 for 1 discount, was the 15% on top of that?

I think it would be a good idea if you called Oceania and asked them. As far as I know it was 15% off whatever you would normally have been charged for a cruise. I'm afraid I don't pay any attention to 2 for 1 prices as the higher price is never charged anyway. I didn't see anything I wanted to book so afraid my attention wandered.

Archived