Formal Evening on Destiny

Can anyone tell me what night the Captains Cocktail party will be on the Destiny in four weeks time. I believe we have cocktails first, as we are not AI will we have to pay for these and the drinks at dinner? :):)

The Captain's Cocktail Party is usually on the day at sea. You are handed a complimentory drink as you enter the the cocktail party, but at dinner you charge your drinks to your cabin , just as you do on any other night.

Hope you have a great time....:)

Just read your "Cruise News" each night ready for the following day, join in with as much as you can fit in, go with the flow and let them entertain you, they are so good at it.

We are back on Destiny for New Year, our third cruise on her, can't wait!

Carol x

Thanks for the information, still a bit apprehensive as its our first cruise but reading everything about Destiny on this forum has put our minds as rest a lot.

bound to be nervous for your first one - I was just the same. Im just back from our second time round the Med on Destiny and she was every bit as wonderful as she was last year, and the entertainment team was fabulous.

Captains night was a lot of fun - the captain has a good sense of humour :D watch for his greek dancing LOL - as has been said - you get a complimentary drink of your choice from red or white wine, champagne or a cocktail, as you enter the can can lounge (there is juice for the kids too) so you can participate in the toast.

Once at the table you will charge any subsequent drinks you have to your cabin account as normal.

Watch for the singing waiters :D

Hi

As far as I can remember from last year it was early in the week so could have been day at sea.

Recall the then Captain was quite a joker, we go AI, but most Captains Cocktail do's are free, they are on FO.

The dinner that night though you will have to charge to your account.

No need to be nervous at all, it's just like going to a hotel and all the people who are on the second week are into the swing whilst the new intake look a little lost for the first day:)

Just cause we dress for dinner etc does not mean the regular cruisers mark the new comers or look for fax pas, spelling correct?

We are on the same cruise so first night I will wear odd shoes to take any flak from any two bob millionaires. :)

Like I think we posted to one of your early posts we are on the same cruise with my 86 year old Mother, and it is her first cruise for over 30 years.

Hi, were on the Destiny for New Year as well, we board Boxing day for 2 weeks, its our 1st Cruise, was a bit scared at fisrt, but since reading everything on this sight its put us a ease,,CANT WAIT, my wife will be 40 while we are aboard the ship as well ;-)

Just read your "Cruise News" each night ready for the following day, join in with as much as you can fit in, go with the flow and let them entertain you, they are so good at it.

We are back on Destiny for New Year, our third cruise on her, can't wait!

Carol x

Hi, were on the Destiny for New Year as well, we board Boxing day for 2 weeks, its our 1st Cruise, was a bit scared at fisrt, but since reading everything on this sight its put us a ease,,CANT WAIT, my wife will be 40 while we are aboard the ship as well ;-)

Make sure you tell your head waiter about your wife's birthday so he can organise the singing waiters and balloons at dinner, they're great fun. Are you on second sitting?

We're only on for one week this time, boo, but planning to make the most of it! We're flying from Manchester on Boxing Day.

Carol x

Hi, Carol, we are also flying from Manchester on Boxing Day, yes we are on the second sitting. We are doing a two week cruise. This will be our very first time cruising. We are so looking forward to it. We will look out for you haha. Thanks for your reply.

Derek and Sara Comer x

Thanks for the information, still a bit apprehensive as its our first cruise but reading everything about Destiny on this forum has put our minds as rest a lot.

we just watched mosstraveltv's video of the destiny you feel you know the ship afterwards.

just hope we are ok for 23 october.

brian also first timers:D

we just watched mosstraveltv's video of the destiny you feel you know the ship afterwards.

just hope we are ok for 23 october.

brian also first timers:D

Yes we saw the video, excellent for first timers and does give you a good view of the ship, we go a month before you, will post how we got on. Hope you have a good trip :)

Paul's just booked the car park at Manchester for Boxing day morning, we need to leave home at 4a.m. :eek: (I thought we were flying from Birmingham!)

Think Christmas day will consist of dinner and an early night!

He's debating whether to take his golf clubs or not this year, anyone fancy a round on Antigua? He's played before at Cedar Valley and it's a really nice course!!

Carol x

Archived