Recent experiences of Princess Grill on QV

Glenndale

Would anyone who has recently travelled in Princess grill on QV care to share their opinions on the food and service?

I have deserted Cunard for Oceania in the last 4 or 5 years but there are some interesting itineraries from Southampton for next year.

I understand from this forum that menus have changed and you are not encouraged to go off menu in PG, which we were in the past.

Especially helpful would be the views of travellers who are regulars in PG and their thoughts on the differences since they first travelled in the Grills.

Looking forward to your comments, thanks :)

Look on Cunard's website there are current sample menus for all their restaurants on all the ships.

Yes, thanks I’m aware of that but reading a menu isn’t quite the same as getting first hand experiences.

Menus tell me nothing about the quality of the ingredients or the expertise of the chef.

I was hoping that long term Grill customers would maybe tell me of their experiences, good or bad :)

Yes, thanks I’m aware of that but reading a menu isn’t quite the same as getting first hand experiences.

Menus tell me nothing about the quality of the ingredients or the expertise of the chef.

I was hoping that long term Grill customers would maybe tell me of their experiences, good or bad :)

Chefs change so expertise can vary at different times depending when you are on the ship. Somebody saying it was great last month doesnt say it will be the same next month especially if chef has changed.

We have stayed in Queen and Princess. We choose Princess now because of price factor. We actually would not go unless it is the Grills. We love the special care given in dining room and lounge. Tea is more more relaxing as well as the outdoor eating area we love at lunch time, we truly feel that extra care is given to us.

The food is very good. We have had some hiccups but that can happen every where, our waiter has always been quick to correct.

Again love Cunard and love the Princess Grill!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you have any recent experiences of PG that you are willing to share?

Not PG but recently did QG on QE and there seemed to be no difference in the quality of the meals just that there was more choice in QG and the food was excellent.