Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Cunard Line (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Soft Drinks (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2552876)

chloe kitty October 11th, 2017 08:54 PM

Soft Drinks

First time on Cunard. Does Cunard have any restrictions about bringing soft drinks on board?
Thank you

Underwatr October 11th, 2017 09:47 PM

Nope.

They don't in practice restrict alcohol, so there's no motivation for them to restrict soft drinks (which other lines fear could be a means of smuggling in alcohol).

Bell Boy October 12th, 2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloe kitty (Post 54284746)
First time on Cunard. Does Cunard have any restrictions about bringing soft drinks on board?
Thank you

No, Cunard treat their customers/guests as responsible adults. Unlike my experience on HAL ( Koningsdam April 2016) who removed a 50cl bottle of mineral water from my carry on . :mad:

chloe kitty October 16th, 2017 12:04 AM

Thank you for your replies. The reason I want to bring some, is that most ships and restaurants don't carry what I like.
Bell Boy, sorry you had a problem on HAL. They aren't my favorite either. Thanks again.

Austcruiser84 October 17th, 2017 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloe kitty (Post 54284746)
Thank you

I suppose Cunard might object if you turned up at the dock with several shipping crates of soft drink. Otherwise, a case or two probably won't be an issue.

If in the Queens Grill, you get soft drink replenished for free every day so no need to bring any onboard.

cruiseluvva October 17th, 2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austcruiser84 (Post 54326329)
I suppose Cunard might object if you turned up at the dock with several shipping crates of soft drink. Otherwise, a case or two probably won't be an issue.

If in the Queens Grill, you get soft drink replenished for free every day so no need to bring any onboard.

Because I drink cordial at home, I always bring concentrated cordial with me despite the soft drinks provided.

abefroman329 October 18th, 2017 04:53 PM

I carried six 1.5 liter bottles of still water on QM2 last month. The other passengers thought I was nuts, but I saved a fortune vs. buying it on board.

BobBranst October 18th, 2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abefroman329 (Post 54339895)
I carried six 1.5 liter bottles of still water on QM2 last month. The other passengers thought I was nuts, but I saved a fortune vs. buying it on board.

The other passengers were probably like us and just drink the ship's tap water, saving themselves even more money. :D

cruiseluvva October 19th, 2017 02:26 AM

If you donít mind the taste, the tap water is fine. I donít much care for it!

Fortunately we get given water daily.

BobBranst October 19th, 2017 11:51 AM

Of course, water "taste" is a personal thing. We find the water on the QM2 to be much better than the municipal water in many US cities. We do buy water when we visit Los Angeles and several other coastal cities, but never found the need here in the MIdWest.

abefroman329 October 20th, 2017 03:07 PM

The bottled water was mostly for my trips to the gym - I didn't want to fill my bottle from the tap in the stateroom's bathroom and had read that the tap water on board was saltier than tap water at home. $15 for 6 1.5-liter bottles of water was a worthwhile purchase for me.

BobBranst October 20th, 2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abefroman329 (Post 54356065)
The bottled water was mostly for my trips to the gym - I didn't want to fill my bottle from the tap in the stateroom's bathroom and had read that the tap water on board was saltier than tap water at home. $15 for 6 1.5-liter bottles of water was a worthwhile purchase for me.

So I assume that means you didn't actually try the ship's tap water.

luckymal October 21st, 2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiseluvva (Post 54343657)
If you donít mind the taste, the tap water is fine. I donít much care for it!

Fortunately we get given water daily.

If a person needs water they would drink tap water.:')

luckymal October 21st, 2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abefroman329 (Post 54356065)

Apart from the Trans Atlantic crossing, you will be stopping at various ports and can stock up on water.;p