Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   P&O Cruises ( UK ) (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Cafe Jardin on Oceana (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2552928)

P&O SUE October 12th, 2017 04:48 AM

Cafe Jardin on Oceana
 
Hello all. My restaurants have just come up on my CP for booking on my February cruise. However Cafe Jardin is listed, isn't it going in the ref-fit which will before my cruise?

annieuk October 12th, 2017 05:02 AM

Well according to latest reports, no it's staying, but then P&O don't have a good track record at letting us know what's happening! We love Cafe Jardin for breakfast and lunch and the occasional evening meal. It's only the evening meal that is bookable.

P&O SUE October 12th, 2017 05:10 AM

Ooh that would be great if it was staying, Annie. I suppose I wouldn't lose out if I booked and it was changed!

Charleyben October 12th, 2017 06:09 AM

We were on the Oceana in June and I was told by one of the officers in Cafe Jardin that it was P & Os intention at some stage to transform it into a Glass House.

Her did not know when but I assumed that if this was to happen, it would be done at its next refit.

Personally I think a better location for a Glass House on Oceana would be Le Club which is seriously underused most evenings. I know Le Club is a venue for a number of daytime activities but I am still of the opinion it would be a better option.

davecttr October 12th, 2017 06:32 AM

And while they are at it change the buffet into a Crows nest after 9.30pm. It already has a bar so you could have the disco there as well

P&O SUE October 12th, 2017 09:54 AM

Hmm, seems there's conflicting information here! I will see when we board I guess...

annieuk October 12th, 2017 11:25 AM

They've recently introduced a new menu for Cafe Jardin which was publicised on their website. I thought they wouldn't do that if they were getting rid of Cafe Jardin, but you never know! I also seem to remember it wasn't under MP White but someone else, can't remember who. I'm sure if you booked it on the CP and it changed to The Glasshouse before your cruise they would either transfer your booking or contact you to see if you wanted a refund or to change it. I'm sure you wouldn't lose any money by booking now.

pisces14 October 18th, 2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charleyben (Post 54286562)
We were on the Oceana in June and I was told by one of the officers in Cafe Jardin that it was P & Os intention at some stage to transform it into a Glass House.

Her did not know when but I assumed that if this was to happen, it would be done at its next refit.

Personally I think a better location for a Glass House on Oceana would be Le Club which is seriously underused most evenings. I know Le Club is a venue for a number of daytime activities but I am still of the opinion it would be a better option.

We were told on our cruise last year that Le Club was going to become Magnums. It wouldn't surprise me if they made the Cafe Jardin into a Glasshouse.

P&O SUE October 22nd, 2017 03:34 PM

Well I have booked it - we will see if it turns into a Glasshouse or not!

davecttr October 22nd, 2017 05:26 PM

The glasshouse concept does not involve booking except for the special taster dinners so Café Jardin will probably remain. The glasshouse is a bar that serves food, this works well on Azura and Ventura but less well on the other ships because the P&O bean counters are trying to turn it into a restaurant.

CCFC October 23rd, 2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pisces14 (Post 54335347)
We were told on our cruise last year that Le Club was going to become Magnums. It wouldn't surprise me if they made the Cafe Jardin into a Glasshouse.

Magnums is outside Le Club, Le Club was quite busy when we went on her in August.

If you look at the 2019 deck plans its still Café Jardin.

Not sure you could make the buffet a night club as the tables are screwed down.

pisces14 October 23rd, 2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCFC (Post 54375970)
Magnums is outside Le Club, Le Club was quite busy when we went on her in August.

If you look at the 2019 deck plans its still Café Jardin.

Not sure you could make the buffet a night club as the tables are screwed down.

Yes I know where Magnums is and how small it is. Perhaps we were given wrong information but we were told because Magnums is so small they were going to turn Le Club into Magnums instead. I'm surprised the Cafe Jardin is going to remain it was the one thing I liked about the Oceana.

davecttr October 23rd, 2017 07:20 PM

Why would they need to make Magnums any bigger?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.

© 1995 - 2016, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.