Yellowbird Shore Excusion in Nassau: Need Input

Sailfish

I'll be in Nassau for only half a day, so my husband and I booked the Yellowbird Party Boat shore excursion offered by Royal Caribbean. Can anyone tell me more about this tour, where it goes and what you do? Does it make a stop for swimming or snorkeling? Did you like it?

I'd love to get you input - we'll be on the Mariner in two weeks!

Thanks

Suzi

My sister & I did the Yellowbird last time in Nassau. Well it is a PARTY time if you drink but you can sit back & relax if you like too. You are taken to a beach on a double decker boat, most drinkers hang out below close to the bar & loud music while others enjoy the sunshine up top. Merchants are allowed to get on the ship while waiting to leave so you can buy a wrap while you wait. On the beach they stop at there are chairs and a swimming area which is roped off. Didn't see anyone snorkeling. They serve rum punch once you depart Nassau but stop once you get to the beach then restart pouring drinks once they depart back for Nassau. If you want to drink at the beach there is a bar but you must pay and not sure of the prices. Tip a buck for extra rum and they are so strong they are hard to drink. You get to see stingrays to the left of the boat when you dock but that is someone elses excursion so no touching but you can see them good from the bridge. There were locals trying to get people to rent Jet Skis at about $70 for 2 people, but the police showed up and shut them down while we were there, not sure why.

We thought it was worth the money and had a great time. I made dinner but my sister didn't.

Bon Voyage

Dawna

Seemed we stayed for about 90 minutes so so. Did not notice any shade where the chairs were. We did not explore what was up in the shoreline tho. Just 12 more days until we leave!! Wish someone knew something about the Nassau Tour Royal offers. Hope you have a great time.

Bon Voyage

Dawna

Seemed we stayed for about 90 minutes so so. Did not notice any shade where the chairs were. We did not explore what was up in the shoreline tho. Just 12 more days until we leave!! Wish someone knew something about the Nassau Tour Royal offers. Hope you have a great time.

Bon Voyage

Dawna

Dawna, are you on the 2/20 Mariner? I am a Cruise Critic group leader and will be on the Mariner with my group that week. If you are, don't forget to check out our forum (tons of good info on ship and ports of call):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173

and to sign up for the Meet & Mingle:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

If not, we'll wave at your ship!

Suzi

Nope, wish I were. We leave 2/25 on the Majesty just for a quickie 3 Nighter. It's our 14 wedding anniversary so just the 2 of us going without our 10 year old, Didn't want to pawn her off to the neighbors for a whole week, hehe. Enjoy the Mariner, we loved the Voyager and are booking a Voyager class or Freedom of the Seas for the week of 9/27/2006, my 40th birthday at sea!!

Bon Voyage

Dawna

Yellowbird operate year round. Last year they were on dry dock for the winter, but they were up and running this season. (my nephew is the captain, so I'm privy to his schedule)

I was on the YellowBird on Tuesday... had a great time. The trip to Pearl Island leaves at 1 and returns 4:15 or so.

The beach is small with lounger available for $5. Not good snorkeling from the beach, but some other tours snorkel at the sea gardens off the back side of the island. This is the same island as the Treasure Hunt. There are picnic tables with palapas along the walkways.

Yellowbird operate year round. Last year they were on dry dock for the winter, but they were up and running this season. (my nephew is the captain, so I'm privy to his schedule)

I was on the YellowBird on Tuesday... had a great time. The trip to Pearl Island leaves at 1 and returns 4:15 or so.

The beach is small with lounger available for $5. Not good snorkeling from the beach, but some other tours snorkel at the sea gardens off the back side of the island. This is the same island as the Treasure Hunt. There are picnic tables with palapas along the walkways.

We booked a shore excursion through Royal Caribbean that departs in the morning! I am confused!

Thanks so much for this information! Guess they were in drydock when we were there last time in January.

Some years back we took THE YELLOWBIRD and had a wonderful time! :p Hope to do it again in January '06!!!

Thanks again scubagirrl! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived