Would are table #'s be on the docs?

tiggermom

I opted for the electronic documents and was wondering something. Do they put on the documents your table number/placement on the documents? Or do we not know until we get on the ship?

Your table # and confirmed dining time will be on your S&S card once you check in. :)

That's right. One of the first things you should do when you board is check out your table and make sure you will be happy with it. If you don't like the location, size, time, etc., check in the dining room when you can come back to see about changing it. They usually are open for a few hours the first afternoon to make changes.

is just that....you can go to the designated DR at the time stated in your capers( also go to pursers desk for Capers), if you cant get to your cabin..show up to re-arrange your dining time/table. They will show you the schmematic of the DR..I always get my same table..and..dont forget to say "thank you"...a little eyelash batting goes a long way for me..I never tip for this..as that is MD's job, I feel.

on our last cruise - last week on the Liberty. We had requested 6:15 table for 2 - we found out via our sail/sign card that we had 5:45. We tried to go to the dining room to change it but due to our later than anticipated arrival on the ship and the fact that only the lower level of one of the two dining rooms was open for these changes we were unable to do so. (We were misinformed as to which dining room level to go to for the change and by the time we found it they were closed to requests).

We arrived at 5:45 and found that not only was our time request not made but we were at a table for 4. We explained this to the matre d and he was most accomodating - he told us that he would "block off" the table to keep it as a table for 2 for us and that we should feel free to come to dinner any time between 5:45 and 6:15 that worked for us".

He was most happy to help us with our request - we ended up at a table big enough for 4 which made it nice and roomy and we had no problems arriving at 6:15.

Our waiter Jorge from Panama was the best waiter ever and the entire experience was very positive.

I think "attitude" (or lack thereof) is more important when trying to change things . . . a smile and calm conversation goes a long way . . . and my husband wouldn't be caught dead "batting his eyelashes" : )

BEFORE electronic documents....your dining time and table number were always a "surprise"!!

However, on the electronic documents .... you can see your dining time. Our Victory cruise for Sept 29th has us at 5:45pm (as requested) printed on our electronic documents (which we elected to peek at once our paper ones arrived). However, I do not see a Table Number. I will keep looking.

.....my son and I went to the dining room to check where our table was. The person at the door said that the table numbers were not on the tables so there was no way to tell where I was sitting. I would have figured the tables were always the same number for every sailing. Was the person just trying to stonewall me? Inquiring minds want to know.

:eek:

Your electronic docs show your requested dining time not the time you will dine. This is what your TA has witten in as your requested time on your booking. This may change once you board your ship, mine has always been changed from my requested time. Not one time has it been the same as requested. So it will still be a suprise when you get to the dock. If you get your time, great. If not you can get it changed through the Matre D' if he can. 1st in line 1st to changes. Get there early.

hey wasiii, think you may have been stonewalled (unless a large group was sailing with you so the movable tables were rearranged to fit them all in.) I do know that for the last few cruises I have checked where I will be sitting long before dinner time. No more booths for this gal. I did have to wait for the supervisor or head waiter to show me cause the rest of the fellows there had no clue. You may have just gotten a newbie.

.....my son and I went to the dining room to check where our table was. The person at the door said that the table numbers were not on the tables so there was no way to tell where I was sitting. I would have figured the tables were always the same number for every sailing. Was the person just trying to stonewall me? Inquiring minds want to know.

:eek:

Table numbers/locations often change from cruise-to-cruise.

Your electronic docs show your requested dining time not the time you will dine. This is what your TA has witten in as your requested time on your booking. This may change once you board your ship, mine has always been changed from my requested time. Not one time has it been the same as requested. So it will still be a suprise when you get to the dock. If you get your time, great. If not you can get it changed through the Matre D' if he can. 1st in line 1st to changes. Get there early.
We requested 8:30, but our e-docs showed 8:00 -- and that is the time we got.

while maynot be on the tables..they dont want you traipsing thru the DR, are on a duel fold DR card w/#'s..I've saved all mine..2 diff colors for the 2 diff DR's...u can see the schematic. I've even gotton to look at the screen, table and time i desire...as the MD's are always verrry accomodating to me..mmph..wonder why that is:confused:

If you dont end up with your requested dining time and can live with it the first night, go talk to the matrie'd on night 2. We had both tables next to us empty the entire week due to changing dinner times and then nobody else got moved there. The matrie'd did share with me that after the first night he can move tables a lot easier once the first round of movers are settled in. Just fyi...:)

Thank you everyone for your responses. I did see that our requested time of 6:15 was on there, and I assumed that it was a done deal. Thanks to all of you, I now know that it may change. I just hope that they keep all 11 of us together (6 adults and 5 kids). I will check out my sail and sign in card as soon as they hand it to me.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I did see that our requested time of 6:15 was on there, and I assumed that it was a done deal. Thanks to all of you, I now know that it may change. I just hope that they keep all 11 of us together (6 adults and 5 kids). I will check out my sail and sign in card as soon as they hand it to me.

As long as all of your reservations were "linked" together, you should all be seated together.

Does anyone know if the dining room schematics / table # layouts are posted anywhere online? In other threads, I've seen references to specific table numbers. I'd like a table for 2 on my upcoming Carnival Valor cruise. When I check in and get my S&S card, it would be nice to know if my assigned table is already designated for 2 before I go to the dining room to request a table for 2...

Does anyone know if the dining room schematics / table # layouts are posted anywhere online? In other threads, I've seen references to specific table numbers. I'd like a table for 2 on my upcoming Carnival Valor cruise. When I check in and get my S&S card, it would be nice to know if my assigned table is already designated for 2 before I go to the dining room to request a table for 2...

The table numbers may or may not be on the tables when you board the ship, But the tables will be numbered shortly, just walk thru the dining room and find your number before you go to the Maidre'd.

The time the Maidre'd will be in the dining room taking table changes will be in the capers.

Archived