Princess's Makeup in the Clay Bottle-Have you used it?

jmrfamily

When I was on the Star Princess in November 2004, I went to a make-up seminar at the Lotas spa and they demonstrated Princess's makeup that comes in a clay bottle and is used as foundation, blush, ...

Does anyone know what the makeup is called? Have you ever bought and used the makeup? If you did, what did you think?

I used this several years ago and also saw it last summer on the Star when I went to the salon to have my hair done. The stylist offered to also do my makeup and brought out the same bottle. I don't remember where I got it and no longer have it and don't recall the name either. Sorry...

When I was on the Star Princess in November 2004, I went to a make-up seminar at the Lotas spa and they demonstrated Princess's makeup that comes in a clay bottle and is used as foundation, blush, ...

Does anyone know what the makeup is called? Have you ever bought and used the makeup? If you did, what did you think?

Yes, I've used it and loved it!. I think it is called California Glow??? The name is not printed on the clay bottle anywhere. I got mine Jan. 04 and still have 1/4 bottle left. I use it nearly everyday.

I plan on getting more on our March cruise.

To my knowledge, you can't get it anywhere but Princess. I had the package insert awhile back and tried to order it, but couldn't.

The secret to it is to turn your bottle upside down so that the makeup sticks to the cork lid, then run your sable brush over the lid for the perfect amount of makeup. Gives a very nice, natural looking glow about the skin. Just be careful to not use too much. :p

It is called California Sun Glow by Steiner, however, I call it "Magic Powder"!! :D I am still using the jar I bought about a year and a half ago on the Grand, but my aunt just gave me a jar for Christmas. She said it was nearly impossible to find. Following a link on the box, I found it at timetospa.com

It is called California Sun Glow by Steiner, however, I call it "Magic Powder"!! :D I am still using the jar I bought about a year and a half ago on the Grand, but my aunt just gave me a jar for Christmas. She said it was nearly impossible to find. Following a link on the box, I found it at timetospa.com

Thanks RNay! I threw out my box and couldn't find how to get more anywhere. I new 'California' and 'glow' were in it , but forgot the 'sun'

The stuff is great!

Looks like Bare Minerals (BareEscentuals) Warm Radiance to me... QVC's website describes it as... "Revitalize your look with this skin sensation! bareMinerals Warm Radiance provides the appearance of radiant, sun-kissed skin. With a hint of golden color, it imparts a soft luminosity you'll love to wear every day. Mix it with other bareMinerals items to enhance your skin's natural glow."

Net weight 0.03 oz.

Made in USA

I "discovered" Bare Minerals about a year ago, and that's all I use now. I just did get my hair done on Golden and the stylist put on the California Sun stuff from the pot. I bought the pot on the Star a few years ago, after going to one of the spa's seminars, and used it a lot, but then went back to more normal makeup when most of it was gone. Now I'm a Bare Minerals gal (I love the way it helps me hide flaws in my 60-year-old skin).

I use it and I love it! I too tried to find a way to buy it at homet but had no luck even searching the web.

Thank you for the tip to look @ timetospa.com

Does anyone really know if Bare Minerals is the same thing?

How about costs vs. buying onboard Princess? Princess was pricey if I remember correctly (I bought 3 years ago on the Star)

I was going to purchase for my daughter on my next cruise but will check out the on-line prices. Thanks again.........:)

I just went to timetospa.com -------- You will get $15 off your first order when you sign up and register :D

A no brainer!

Can anyone tell me (before I order) if there is a big difference in the Steiner Clay Pot California Glow @$35 vs. bareMinerals Warm Radiance @$18 ?? (I mean in the product never mind the clay pot and cork - I can always refil the pot with the bareMinerals - :rolleyes: )

I don't remember what I paid on the ship?

Anyone??

Thanks - Renee

I just went to timetospa.com -------- You will get $15 off your first order when you sign up and register :D

A no brainer!

Can anyone tell me (before I order) if there is a big difference in the Steiner Clay Pot California Glow @$35 vs. bareMinerals Warm Radiance @$18 ?? (I mean in the product never mind the clay pot and cork - I can always refil the pot with the bareMinerals - :rolleyes: )

I don't remember what I paid on the ship?

Anyone??

Thanks - Renee

Thanks for the info on the $15 savings, Renee. I went to the site and ordered some so I can compare with bare minerals. For $20 it is worth it to give it a try.

Good idea about refilling the clay pot with the bare minerals. We have a Bare Minerals outlet very close to where I live, so I do save on the shipping. Also there is a website at www.faceetc.com that also carries it and I think if you order $45 worth of product, the shipping is free. That's a much better deal than ordering directly through the Bare Minerals website.

I started using Bare Minerals after ordering a kit from QVC. I'm sold on Bare Minerals... don't get me wrong. But, I found that there were things in the kits that I didn't use very much. Other products, I'll use everyday. When I ordered my kit, it was on a regular mailing of refills every 8-10 weeks. I had to cancel that feature right away.

I prefer buying individual pieces rather than a kit. If you are a first-timer though, a kit is a great way to get a number of products. Then you can decide which ones you will use often and then keep re-ordering those. You can get them from sephora.com now. I'm not close to either Sephora or Bare Minerals so I sometimes order on line. If I'm anywhere near a store, I'll try to buy those products that I run out of more quickly.

Is Bare Minerals the "same" as the clay pot? I don't think they are exactly the same. The clay pot seems more intense to me, and you have to be very careful about using too much. I have not found that to be the case with the Bare Minerals bronzer product.

The bronzer that Steiners sells on many ships is "softer" that its equivilant BE product which is called Warmth. I have used both and prefer the Steiner product but there are even better to be had. Go to your local department store and test them all out.

I've used both and prefer BareEscentuals. It looks more natural, it is made from crushed minerals. It was also recommended to me at a dermotologists office. There is a new product developed by the same person called ColoreScience micronized mineral makeup. There is an entire line of makeup, the webiste is http://www.colorescience.com. It has SPF 20, comes in a cylinder with a brush on the end. No dipping in the makeup on tapping off. I actually haven't bought it yet, but the used it on me at the doctor's office. I love the whole concept. I think Steiner is on all the major cruise lines so you can buy the bronzer almost on any cruise. It has been around for years.

Archived