Genoa airport transfer

romek49

Can anybody tell me how much a taxi would cost me from genoa airport to the port , I will be on the Fantasia in 3 weeks time, this will be our first time with msc.

Hi by typing "taxi genoa airport to cruise terminal" into Google and choosing two random results and following the link i got these prices

genoataxi.jpg

geoa2.jpg

You can workout a fare that fits the number of people in your party

THe fares seem fairly consitent

Pete

I have looked at these sitesw,and they seem a bit expensive, as I believe the airport is only about 6 iles away from the port.

You're right on the distance 10km (6mls).

I just got this off the MSC web site

genoa3.jpg

THey say taxis are €25 but don't say if that is per taxi or per person. If it's per person that fits well with the usual 2 people booking 1 cabin and sharing the transfer, total cost €50.

Pete

Taxi fare is per vehical regardless how many people, last time we took the taxi from the airport to Novotel (near the pier) and it cost around 25 euro for 4 of us, you can take the bus in which is the fare is per person. Bus is just outside the terminal next to the taxi area. Just becareful if you take the taxi, make sure you agree with the price before you get on in which we did, the taxi driver did not want to give us the change back for about 5 euro and I was very upset with him and his english was not fluent. I said to him if he doesn't give me my change back, I will take his plate number and report, he got scared, then he gave me my change back then he took off. This was my experience to share.

• 4 years later...

The bus from the airport goes to Stazione Principe, the main railway station.

The Stazione Marittima cruise terminal is in sight from there but is maybe a mile away, downhill, and across a busy dual carriageway.

We walked it last year in searing heat with two trolley cases each. No regrets.

We took a taxi uphill to the airport on the way back though!

Was looking for the same thing when I came across this site

I will be looking to use them once I am at the Genoa Airport will report back if they are any good and what they want to charge.

http://www.airport.genova.it/en/transportation-airport/

The taxi fares are set by the city council and are displayed in the taxi ( by law), last year, it cost us €32 from the airport to the cruise port for two adults and to suit cases.

Make sure you avail yourself of the MSC lounge on the first floor of the departure hall, the seating is much more comfortable and an MSC rep is in attendance, there is access to an outside terrace for viewing and fresh air when the weather is fine.

Pete

The taxi fares are set by the city council and are displayed in the taxi ( by law), last year, it cost us €32 from the airport to the cruise port for two adults and to suit cases.

Make sure you avail yourself of the MSC lounge on the first floor of the departure hall, the seating is much more comfortable and an MSC rep is in attendance, there is access to an outside terrace for viewing and fresh air when the weather is fine.

Pete

Hi Pete, can anyone use the MSC lounge in the airport or does it depend on your class of cabin on the ship? I am discovering slowly that lots of things depend on your cabin class with this cruise line :(

Taxi port to airport 2 adults 2 large and 2 small suitcase €20 6 weeks ago. Plenty of taxis as you leave terminal.

Msc lounge at airport can be used by anyone. Small room upstairs, they will keep you luggage in their cupboard. Nice terrace area out back.

Allow you to take drinks in but no glasses, cups etc.

Nice idea but not a mega bonus when flights are so expensive to Genoa compared to other ports.

our preference for any cruise starting or finishing in genoa is to fly via Milan and our local airport, the train from milan to genoa takes about 2 hours and is relatively cheap. Certainly cheaper for us than going to London and flying to Genoa

Taxi port to airport 2 adults 2 large and 2 small suitcase €20 6 weeks ago. Plenty of taxis as you leave terminal.

Msc lounge at airport can be used by anyone. Small room upstairs, they will keep you luggage in their cupboard. Nice terrace area out back.

Allow you to take drinks in but no glasses, cups etc.

Nice idea but not a mega bonus when flights are so expensive to Genoa compared to other ports.

I paid £91 pp return ( of which £53.82 is APD and Italian taxes, all of which is unavoidable) which gives me extra leg room seats and 1 x hold baggage pp at 23 Kg

, 1 x carry on bag (23 kg) and I x computer bag ( 23 kg) each

Gatwick to Genoa , booked the day the flight became available. this is the flight MSC use and the timings are good for both embarkation and disembarkation

outbound arr. Genoa 11:00am

return flight dep 11:45am

Well worth it for the extra weight allowance and convenient flight times

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I paid £91 pp return ( of which £53.82 is APD and Italian taxes, all of which is unavoidable) which gives me extra leg room seats and 1 x hold baggage pp at 23 Kg

Gatwick to Genoa , booked the day the flight became available. this is the flight MSC use and the timings are good for both embarkation and disembarkation

Pete

A 23kg computer?

Wow! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Pete

I booked BA12.55 flight Genoa/LGW using Avios for £17.50. Bargain!!!

My friend booked and it was €99

our preference for any cruise starting or finishing in genoa is to fly via Milan and our local airport, the train from milan to genoa takes about 2 hours and is relatively cheap. Certainly cheaper for us than going to London and flying to Genoa

We are flying from the US. Milan and Rome are the only two reasonably priced choices that I can find. There is a 1415 flight out of Milan the day we dock. Do you think we can make it from the port in Genoa to the Milan airport in time? Or will that be cutting it way too close?

A 23kg computer?

Wow! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Mine is solid Gold :) lol

It seems ridiculous to me, but it is the allowance for a laptop bag

This is what it says when you google BA baggage allowance

"Changes to baggage allowances | British Airways

www.britishairways.com/information/baggage.../changes-to-our-baggage-allowances

1. Cached
    The maximum size of the handbag/laptop bag is now 40cm x 30cm x 15cm (16in x 12in x 6in). The size of the additional cabin bag remains unchanged and should be no larger than 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22in x 18in x 10in). Both bags can weigh up to 23kgs (51lb) each."

1. Pete

Hi Pete, can anyone use the MSC lounge in the airport or does it depend on your class of cabin on the ship? I am discovering slowly that lots of things depend on your cabin class with this cruise line :(

Any MSC guest can use the lounge free of charge

We are flying from the US. Milan and Rome are the only two reasonably priced choices that I can find. There is a 1415 flight out of Milan the day we dock. Do you think we can make it from the port in Genoa to the Milan airport in time? Or will that be cutting it way too close?

Once you arrive at Milan train station, you still need to transfer to the airport quite a distance away.

A taxi between the airport and port (or anywhere in the central part of town) will cost 25-30€ per taxi. While a typical taxi can carry 4 adults (and that is tight)....with luggage you often cannot get more then 2 in a small taxi. Van/taxis do exist, but they are not as common as one would expect.

Hank

I wouldn't take a risk on that. You'd need to be at the airport a minimum of 2 hours (more likely 3 for a long-haul flight) beforehand. That's somewhere between 11.15am - 12.15pm. It's a couple of hours from Genoa to Milan - that's not port to airport, either.

Once you arrive at Milan train station, you still need to transfer to the airport quite a distance away.

I believe there is a coach servicr to Milan Malpensa but I can't find details. Linate is closer but you would have to be there for 12.15 latest.

If Milan is your best option for flights, I'd have a night in Milan prior to the flight home - it's too risky to get to Malpensa for 12.15 from Genoa at 9am - even if the ship docks at 8am you're unlikely to be off in time... What if bad weather delays docking? Or a delay on the railway? Milan's a beautiful city and the hotels inexpensive.

Terravision is the coach company that runs between milan centrale and malpensa

• 2 weeks later...

hello skier52 I know ur very knowledgable I would need need advise

I know port in genoa is 15 minute taxi ride to airport, my cruise arrives at 9;00am I am booked for a 12;20 flight into rome will I make it

Hi by typing "taxi genoa airport to cruise terminal" into Google and choosing two random results and following the link i got these prices

genoataxi.jpg

geoa2.jpg

You can workout a fare that fits the number of people in your party

THe fares seem fairly consitent

Pete

I wouldn't take a risk on that. You'd need to be at the airport a minimum of 2 hours (more likely 3 for a long-haul flight) beforehand. That's somewhere between 11.15am - 12.15pm. It's a couple of hours from Genoa to Milan - that's not port to airport, either.

Thank you all for your help! I read here about someone easily flying home to Gatwick. So I did a search and that is a reasonably priced flight also. So we will be on th BA flight at noon to Gatwick, stay overnight, and catch an afternoon flight home the next day.