Grand Princess 49 day south american cruise

Gaznjo

This cruise is leaving Ft Lauderdale on Australia Day.... well for us it is tomorrow.....

but this is what was posted on their roll call earlier today.... how exciting for them..... we know alot of people on this cruise only cause the special came out whilst we were on the 2011 world cruise and the price was so good half the ship could be found at the future cruise office....

"There will be around 600 Aussies on board for the first leg (200 more later!) so the Captain has agreed to fly the Aussie flag for sail-away. There will also be an enormous birthday cake to celebrate Australia Day."

if only I can get up in time to catch her sail out.... I am sure there are lots of webcams around port everglades

Joanne

Heres a catch up with some iteresting facts , from the Live thread on the Princess board...

Back again with updated passenger info. First, let me tell you about our M & G. WOW! This had to be the largest one ever. Even the Captain said he had never seen such a large group. 350 name tags were printed and I noticed only about 25 - 30 were not picked up. We were scheduled for 10:00, but things started happening way before that. So many private tours had been planned (more than 20) and each delegate had a table set up with their respective signs. Wonderful organization. Capt. Herriott spoke for a few minutes and then took as many questions from the floor as were asked. He is such a charming gentleman. When we left the area at 11:45, there were still lots of folks coordinating their respective groups.

Now, the stats. While Dawn, our hostess, could not yet tell me the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place numbers, here is the info I received. There are 2575 passengers aboard; 1100 USA and 700 Australia. The remaining are Canadians (quite a few though she didn’t have the numbers), and lots of other countries.

Now then, Captain Circle status as follows:

ELITE 908

PLATINUM 887

GOLD 459

And, 321 first time Princess cruisers.

Who’s waiting to hear about the lunch cutoff? YIKES! The cutoff is 697 days. We always think we’ve got the lunch sewn up and so did friends who are in the 600’s. You just never know. We’re in; they’re not. Major heavy hitters on this voyage and I believe all the most traveled folks will be on for the entire 49 days.

Archived