jet blue seating assignments?

hooked on cruzin

how does jet blue seating assignments work. do they have online check in and advanced seating? also do they have many flight time changes?

You should be able to self assign seats online when you purchase your tickets. If no seats are available for assigment when you book, you can get a seat assigment when you check in (either online or at the airport). Not sure about the flight time changes. I have booked several flights with them and none of my flight times have changed, YMMV.

JetBlue is very democratic when it comes to seats - nothing reserved for top-tier frequent flyers. Seats can be assigned at check-in or when you purchase the ticket. The only rows that CAN'T be assigned before check-in are the over-wing emergency exit rows.

Do note that the front half of the plan has 36" of pitch and that the back has 32" of pitch. The seat map on JetBlue.com shows exactly which rows have which amount of pitch.

Also things do vary a bit depending if you are flying on the A320 or the E190 plane.

JetBlue is very democratic when it comes to seats - nothing reserved for top-tier frequent flyers. Seats can be assigned at check-in or when you purchase the ticket. The only rows that CAN'T be assigned before check-in are the over-wing emergency exit rows.

Do note that the front half of the plan has 36" of pitch and that the back has 32" of pitch. The seat map on JetBlue.com shows exactly which rows have which amount of pitch.

Also things do vary a bit depending if you are flying on the A320 or the E190 plane.

I haven't had any trouble booking exit row on Jet Blue through their web site. I have 6 different flights where I have confirmed seating in exit row with them.

On the A320 it is "at least" 36" for the first 11 rows. The remainder of the plane has "at least" 34"

On the E190 it is "at least" 32 inches for the first 11 rows and "at least" 33 inches in all other rows.

Seat pitch is the distance between a point on a seat and the same point on the next row ahead. It can be the seatback, the seat cushion, whatever. It is a measure of how tightly packed the seats are. Reasonable coach pitch is 33 inches - it gets cramped at 31/32 and sardine at 30 (my evaluation only - others may have slightly different numbers). It is NOT the amount of space you have between your seat and the one in front of you.

By comparison, Delta's international Business Elite product gives a 60 inch pitch. Domestic first class runs in the 37-39 inch range, though all airlines configure airplanes differently.

Archived