Seattle Hotels in July

tstephen

We are looking for a decent hotel ($150-175.00 per night) in good location after our cruise. I understand the Seafair will be going on through the month of July. Is there anyone from Seattle who can tell me about that? Does the city get jam packed? and we were thinking of staying over a weekend after the cruise - will the weekend be much worse to get around because of the fair? Also, we have two young kids, ages 6 and 8 - can you suggest some things to do with them? Thanks so much!

I guess it would depend on when in July you will be here. The 2 biggest events of Seafair are the parade and the hydroplane races on Lake Washington. The parade is at the end of July (7/29?)and the races are actually in early August. At any other time I don't think the city will be too busy. Seafair during the month has alot of local neighborhood events.

The City does get busy though with all of the cruises that go from here in the summer. And of course all of the other tourists that visit during the summer months.

In regards to hotels, you do have alot of options. There's the Edgewater which is right on the waterfront and kind of a fun hotel. It's where the Beatles stayed when they were here in the 60's. It made big news because they fished from their balcony. There is also a Mariott right across from one of the cruise terminals that I understand is quite nice. Downtown there is a Westin, a Sheraton, a Crowne Plaza. There's also the Mayflower Park which is a nice downtown hotel.

My suggestion would be to check out tripadvisor and see which one might suit your needs. If you have any other questions on Seattle, ask away.

Archived