Enchantment "extreme makeover"??

Hi - we're sailing Enchantment in a few months, and it's our first time on RCCL. Their website touts a makeover in 2005 - can anyone tell me what this included? I know there was bungee jumping and the like, but is there, for example, a specialty restaurant ? Upgraded bedding?

We're used to Celebrity, but we're looking forward to all that RCCL has to offer. I've been reading the insider tips...lots of good info!

Thank you.

Hi - we're sailing Enchantment in a few months, and it's our first time on RCCL. Their website touts a makeover in 2005 - can anyone tell me what this included? I know there was bungee jumping and the like, but is there, for example, a specialty restaurant ? Upgraded bedding?

We're used to Celebrity, but we're looking forward to all that RCCL has to offer. I've been reading the insider tips...lots of good info!

Thank you.

They cut the ship in half and stuck a big new piece in the middle!!! :)

They have upgraded the bedding on ALL Royal Caribbean ships.

They added Chops to the Enchantment when they stretched her.

I love the Enchantment. Feel free to follow the Enchantment links in my signature.

When you finally get aboard, say "hello" to the Activities Manager, Rachael Fish, from us! We shared a dining table with her and her mother on the Independence this month ( she was vacationing, not working)

Is she the English one that gets all excited during events? She was a hoot - but at one point while announcing an event we were all covering our ears because it reached a pitch only dogs could hear! :eek: :D

For our first cruise we were fortunate to sail on the Enchantment a few months after the "Stretching" in the new section. In the 3 years since we've just completed our 10th cruise. Our second cruise was on the

Grandeur and what a disappointment compared to the Enchantment. We switched cruise lines but tried the Explorer in March and again in May. Loved it! Driving to a port is great!

Jan

Is she the English one that gets all excited during events? She was a hoot - but at one point while announcing an event we were all covering our ears because it reached a pitch only dogs could hear! :eek: :D

She's the one! I agree, but she DID assist us with a tendering mess on Enchantment!

We had a nice time....GREAT dining room crew.....Sabit, Eddie, Emilia and Wolfgang!

I hae pix if you follow the link to picasa in my signature!

I don't know if it was because we had more ship board time, or our mood - but the activities staff of Enchantment seemed to be the more enthusiastic compared to our 2 previous cruises. They all seemed to be really enjoying the events and shared their fun and excitement with us.

Is she the English one that gets all excited during events? She was a hoot - but at one point while announcing an event we were all covering our ears because it reached a pitch only dogs could hear!

Well, she's certainly English and gets very excitable.......she 'captained' our team during The Quest, and that probably says it all!

We were on Enchantment in January, and it was just lovely. It had a lot of the larger ship amenities, but a smaller ship feel, if that makes sense. It has a Ben and Jerry's (Oh, yeah, baby!) and a Chop's Grill. It does not have a Johnny Rocket's. It has bars and clubs galore (my favorites were the Champagne bar and Bolero's). GREAT pool area. The Activities team was wonderful! I did a fun little scrapbooking class and I had so much fun watching the dance classes they had in Bolero's (for the safety of those around me, I did not participate). They have a rock climbing wall, but no ice rink. They have a show lounge with shows each night.

As for the rooms, ours was a D1 (I think) balcony cabin in the old section. Immaculately clean and well appointed. Room enough for my Dad and I (who are both very OCD) to store all of our clothes, toiletries and such.

I think out of the cruises I've been on thus far (3 with RCI so far and 1 with Carnival), Enchantment was by far my favorite ship. There's just something about her that makes you miss her!!

Of course, Freedom this November may change my mind! I'll keep ya posted!

Thank you.

This link is our pre-cruise 2007 website.

http://www.southern-florida.net/Cruising2007/eots/pictures.html

Click on the picture where it says "The Extension Page". It walks you through the extension process of the Enchantment in 2005.

;)

Archived