Best place to book a Disney Cruise?

I booked thru a TA because I couldnt figure Disney out, but the TA said that they can't discount Disney cruises.

Unless you go with a TA that gives something extra I would just book with Disney if I had it to do all over again, but Im not going to cancel just for that.

If you book online with Disney they will even kick in $25 OBC. Make sure you uncheck the boxes for insurance, flight and transportation. RCI doesnt add in insurance and transportation to the dock automatically, Disney does, so you have to uncheck the boxes if you want to arrange it on your own. Thats why the prices on the Disney site at first glance look so much higher than a TAs, but they wind up the same to the penny (I checked).

You might check out castaway site for the secret portholes and verandahs that you can get for the price of a category 7, that used to be 6s.

Lots of TA's will give different perks, mine always makes sure she books us online to get that automatic 25.00 then at least matches it with a gift. One time for our anniversery she surprised us with the anniversary package which is a HUGE gift, we were in a large suite though and give her a lot of business. There is no real perk with booking through disney as they are not going to do the homework for you to find the least expensive dates etc. In the case of our suite our TA had to fax inventory control about it a year in advance, I am not even sure if a regular person can book above a cat. 4.

I booked with my TA and on the 7 day I get $100 credit as long as the cabin is over $599! Plus for next years cruise I have $200 from Disney for booking on the ship.

Lexii

Does anyone know if $599 is a good price for a category 12 guarantee?

Sorry newbie question, but nothing to compare it to. Its not the most convenient date, but I took it because of the price.

Does anyone know if $599 is a good price for a category 12 guarantee?

Sorry newbie question, but nothing to compare it to. Its not the most convenient date, but I took it because of the price.

If we don't know the date you are going, or the itiniary, how are we to know whether $599, isa good price? More info needed. Metrowon

Laura Lap, Dcl on-line is fine, or use the 1-800 line. 1-800 will allow you to ask as many questions that you might have. Detrermine if you need transfers, and travel insurance. Your own air plan might save you some money. If you decide to use a TA. just make sure to compare apples to apples. DCL will be with you on-board if you use them. I've witnessed to many stressed cell phone calls to TA's at the terminal, because of misunderstandings. Metrowon

Make sure the TA does not have charge fees or cancellation fees, and that they are there for you at all times. We flew into florida on a saturday for a sunday cruise and realized our largest bag was left back in CA at the car park place, it never got off the shuttle, a big agency or DCL for that matter would not have been able to help me. I called my TA in tears at home that evening and she arranged for it to be fed ex'd over night to me, we got on the ship with all our clothes the next morning, plus she got the parking company to reimburse me the fed ex fee as they should have counted the bags, nope can't beat service like that for any price!

I booked my cruise thru expedia and founf it to be extremely easy. ALso if you are doing a land and sea. DO the land part and airline together on Expedia and then book the cruise seperately. YOu will save in the $100's.

Archived