How safe is Livingston

thescot123

I will be taking the Livingston Tour, booked through the cruise boat. I have not been there and want to know how safe it is. I had heard that in March 2008, some Belgium tourists were kidnapped near there.

I have been to Santo Tomas before and did the waterfall tour. On that tour we were all together and were protected with police with machine guns.

Has anyone been to Livingston and what should I be aware off?

I will be taking the Livingston Tour, booked through the cruise boat. I have not been there and want to know how safe it is. I had heard that in March 2008, some Belgium tourists were kidnapped near there.

I have been to Santo Tomas before and did the waterfall tour. On that tour we were all together and were protected with police with machine guns.

Has anyone been to Livingston and what should I be aware off?

We traveled to Livingston on a Nov. 2007 cruise and again on a Dec., 2008 cruise. Loved the village so much that we plan to be there again this Dec. on a cruise!

We took the ship's tour in 2007 and booked a tour through Happy Fish Travel in 2008. Did not feel unsafe on either trip however we always traveled in a group of 4 or more people in the village just to be on the safe side.

The village is very interesting and the tours normally take you through the village streets as well as the village's cemetery which will remind one of cemeteries in New Orleans.

Relax, enjoy and just practice safety when walking through the streets as you would on any unfamiliar street here in the states.

Dianne

Archived