Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Princess Cruises (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   does the soda package include bottled water (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2584538)

clianmel January 12th, 2018 07:21 PM

does the soda package include bottled water

although the water package of 12 500 ml bottles for $7 seems really good value for a cruise line does the soda plus package include water.

jackier23 January 12th, 2018 07:41 PM

No it does not

Sent from my iPad using Forums

clianmel January 12th, 2018 08:12 PM

thanks for the input

DrivesLikeMario January 12th, 2018 09:20 PM

But you can order bottles of water ahead of time in the Cruise Personalizer. It works out to .57 cents a bottle vs. about $3 per bottle if you buy them one at a time onboard. They're delivered to your cabin for you too.

Pam in CA January 12th, 2018 09:25 PM

The best value for water is to fill a water bottle from the tap. It’s purer than most bottled water. [emoji3]

GUT2407 January 12th, 2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrivesLikeMario (Post 54976362)
But you can order bottles of water ahead of time in the Cruise Personalizer. It works out to .57 cents a bottle vs. about $3 per bottle if you buy them one at a time onboard. They're delivered to your cabin for you too.

Unfortunately not in Australia you can’t.

DrivesLikeMario January 12th, 2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUT2407 (Post 54976516)
Unfortunately not in Australia you can’t.

I don't see that the OP is in Australia. Says "Florida" on their location.

riclop January 12th, 2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clianmel (Post 54975382)
although the water package of 12 500 ml bottles for $7 seems really good value for a cruise line does the soda plus package include water.

It does not.

GUT2407 January 12th, 2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrivesLikeMario (Post 54977134)
I don't see that the OP is in Australia. Says "Florida" on their location.

Ohhh I didn’t know you could only cruise in the location you entered in your profile.

I thought you were free to travel.

Sorry about that.

NavyVeteran January 13th, 2018 01:32 AM

The soda package includes fountain drinks only - no bottles or cans. But you don't need the soda package for water from a bar - anyone can get a glass of water for free at any bar.:)

claudia814 January 13th, 2018 01:41 PM

Is the soda package worth it? If sitting at pool can you order a fountain drink? What mocktails and juice are they referring to on website. Appreciate your responses.

WahooNKS January 16th, 2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claudia814 (Post 54981137)
Is the soda package worth it? If sitting at pool can you order a fountain drink? What mocktails and juice are they referring to on website. Appreciate your responses.

I, too, am interesting in more detail about the soda package. We like to have Virgin Daiquiris at the pool. Is this included?
Also, when it says 'juice', does this mean fresh squeezed juice in the buffets and dining areas? If not, please explain 'juice', as you can get this in Horizon Court, etc.

Thanks for any input!

fishywood January 16th, 2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WahooNKS (Post 55010571)
I, too, am interesting in more detail about the soda package. We like to have Virgin Daiquiris at the pool. Is this included?
Also, when it says 'juice', does this mean fresh squeezed juice in the buffets and dining areas? If not, please explain 'juice', as you can get this in Horizon Court, etc.

The fresh squeezed orange juice is always extra charge unless you have the Premier Beverage Package. As you say various regular juices--that are definitely from concentrate or a can--are no charge in the HC and MDR at breakfast, with or without a beverage package. The Soda and More will include the juices used as mixers at the various bars (reconstituted OJ, tomato juice from a tin, et al) anytime. You should have no problem ordering any virgin cocktail as well.

claudia814 January 16th, 2018 05:35 PM

One last thing, how about Perrier Water?

moki'smommy January 16th, 2018 05:46 PM

Princess used to offer a "soda only" package and a "soda and more." A couple years ago they removed the "soda only" from the website, but continued to sell it on the ship. If you don't want the "and more," it is worth asking whether it is available.

Soda and more includes fountain sodas (from a gun), root beer in cans, and "mocktails" which are basically any virgin drink. Talk to the bar tenders and they will get creative. Is it worth it? I guess that depends on how much soda you drink. A "mocktail" was about $4 if bought separately, but I likely would never have ordered one had it not been included. Soda in cans bought individual are about $3+, so if you would drink 3 a day, you've more than used your package. You can bring cans on board....but who wants to? And if we were cruising for more than a few days, I couldn't carry enough!

Again, as always, "worth it" is in the eye of the purchaser.

NavyVeteran January 16th, 2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishywood (Post 55010970)
The fresh squeezed orange juice is always extra charge unless you have the Premier Beverage Package. As you say various regular juices--that are definitely from concentrate or a can--are no charge in the HC and MDR at breakfast, with or without a beverage package. The Soda and More will include the juices used as mixers at the various bars (reconstituted OJ, tomato juice from a tin, et al) anytime. You should have no problem ordering any virgin cocktail as well.

Te fresh squeezed orange juice is included with the suite breakfast in Sabatini's or the Crown Grill, so it's not always extra charge.:)

#1Nanna January 16th, 2018 08:16 PM

does the soda package include bottled water

We always purchase the soda and more pkg, we think it is a great value. It does not include bottled water. We drink a lot of soda water w/ lime, and there is always one waiting for us when we arrive at dinner. We also enjoy 2 or 3 virgin drinks a day. There is a list of mocktails at the back of the bar menu in the various lounges but you are not limited to what is listed there. As was stated previously you can pretty much order any drink made without alcohol.
We have enjoyed the common favorites such as pińa colada & strawberry daiquiri but there are so many other yummy options., “Nojito” (Virgin mojito), lime Margarita, lava flow and many others. Even “the Isaac” can be ordered virgin and is very refreshing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

frugaltravel January 16th, 2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUT2407 (Post 54977345)
Ohhh I didn’t know you could only cruise in the location you entered in your profile.

I thought you were free to travel.

Sorry about that.

Funny - I thought the same thing :D

WahooNKS January 18th, 2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishywood (Post 55010970)

fishywood & others, thanks for much for your replies!