Mumbai Tour

BigCharlie

We will be visiting Mumbai early in 2013 and I am looking for details of a tour company to show us the sights.

We have a recommendation for BravoBombay but although they get a good write up on Tripadvisor I cannot find any mention of them on Cruise Critic. Has anybody used them or have other recommendations?

Thanks

Charlie

We used Deepa from Mumbai Magic. They have a website. Excellent experience....can highly recommend Mumbai Magic.

Yes I can also recommend her we booked her in Easter last year and she was fantastic. She arranged tours for us in Mumbai for 2 days also she can sort out trips for other parts of India as she did for us. She has also been on the TV in England on a travel prog about India.

I was in Mumbi in April this year and organised a tour through Reality Tours and Travel. I organised a tour of the Dharavi Slums and would highly recomend it. They only take small groups so it was ideal. Some of the peopl re-hired the tour guide after the Slum tour for the rest of the day and they said it was well worth it.

Chez

• 4 weeks later...

I've gone with both Mumbai Magic and Reality Tours and Travel. Did The People of Mumbai, Many Faiths, Many Cultures with Mumbai Magic. It was an excellent tour and the guide was very knowledgeable. I did think that it was a little expensive (maybe because I was paying for everyone - per person price was probably okay).

I LOVED Reality Tours! We did the Market Tour with them. Our guide was young and enthusiastic. Our tour was a walking tour (very small group - 6, I think) and he waited patiently while everyone took photos. I would definitely go back with them. I love that most of their profits go to their NGO to support the community.

As mentioned you can hire a taxi (negotiate a price with the driver before you get in the car and don't pay until the end!) and have him take you around. Have an idea of what you'd like to see. (I lived in Mumbai for 7 years so you'll find some info here...http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8295b/10ce6e/).

You can also take a taxi from the ship to Colaba. From here you can walk around and you'll see the Gateway of India, Taj Mahal Hotel, Prince of Wales Museum, art museums, Colaba Causeway (place for inexpensive souvenirs), etc. The Gateway is also the hopping off point for boat rides around the harbor or the trip to Elephanta Island.

Archived