Advice re Navigator internal cabins please

alibabaxx

Hi all,

Having just come back off the Oasis having a lovely balcony room which was great space wise for 2 adults and 2 children (8 & 11) we've got the bug again and want to book a European cruise on Navigator next year but the prices are more expensive so looking at an internal cabin. I see they are all 'pull down' beds. Would space be enough for 2 adults and 2 children or are they quite cramped? The 'ocean view' cabins are more expensive again but these seem to be the same size as an internal cabin so probably not worth paying for them. The balcony cabins are out of our price range this time. Any info greatly appreciated.

ps do you tend to get better deals also over Christmas/New year period?

The ocean view and inside cabins are the same size.

If you do this, my advice is to look at the inside hallway cabins on deck 7 aft like 7433. There is a connecting doorway into the library where folks can easily escape to if the cabin is chaotic. Public restrooms are close by on deck 5. If kids are asleep, adults can hang out in the library.

Like someone said above... if the rooms are close to the same size and you loved it before, this is the same. You lose the balcony. You gain pure darkness, which I find wonderful.

Navigator's inside rooms are like 160sf and Oasis's balcony rooms are like 180sf. That's fairly close. You will notice it is a bit smaller, but not much.

You can see from these tiny pictures that they re-arrange the room to put the bed where the balcony would have been.

Nav-int.jpg.e08709a39888cd10056fdf244d8b60c5.jpg

oas-bal.jpg.805c45573bd18fb66a85fe724771e3a6.jpg

Always check the deck plans before booking a cabin. The sq, footage is shown for each category, so you'll know what you're getting! Some interiors are smaller than others on some ships...so always have the deck plans in front of you when booking! On Navigator, the inside cabins are listed at 160 sq. ft.....that's quite a bit tighter than 180 sq. ft that you have previously! Little "floor space".

My husband and I have shared a room with our kids many times though usually a balcony. We went on the Navigator last year and actually split into 2 inside cabins for the first time. I was really thankful we weren't sharing as the cabin was tight with just the 2 of us. I can't imagine all 4 of us in there.