Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   "LIVE" from Norwegian GEM / March 7, 2009 (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=942285)

Radio March 6th, 2009 05:42 PM

"LIVE" from Norwegian GEM / March 7, 2009

Hello everyone. . . .

It is once again I am sailing with Norwegian Cruise Lines. I have sailed twice previously on Majesty in the past 7 months.
This time I am sailing on the newest ship in the fleet. . . Norwegian GEM !

Those of you who have followed my "LIVE" reports with RCI, and HAL, and CCL already know that I will provide daily comments and trip reports from this cruise.

I will also try to post "LIVE" pics daily (as long as I am able to maintain a valid wireless connection)

Norwegian Gem is the newest and final of NCL's Jewel Class ships. She is similar to Norwegian Jewel (2005), Norwegian Pearl (2006), and Norwegian Jade (originally Pride of Hawaii)

It will be very exciting for me to explore this ship. She was built for Freestyle Cruising in 2007; so she is very young, and the reviews I have read about have been fantastic. There will be so much to explore for me, and I will try to get pics of all of the public rooms if possible.

I should be boarding the ship late tomorrow morning. My hotel is just about 15 min from the pier, and I hope to be onboard by 1130 or so.

Hopefully the weather will be good. . .the forecast is calling for 61f and sunny for sail away. I love New York City Sail aways. . .

So sit back, and relax. . .this should be a fun cruise ! (I hope that my internet connection stays active). I will try to post several pics before sail away at 4PM.

Thanks for tuning in. . . .

Radio
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Norwegian GEM

http://cruisingwithradio.com/pics/GEM/GEM2.jpg

2009 NCL Corporation Ltd.

Mooder March 6th, 2009 05:50 PM

Can't wait! Thanks again, Radio.

vinman13 March 6th, 2009 07:08 PM

Can't wait

Can't wait for your report we sail in April. Thank you for taking the time to do a live report

[email protected] March 6th, 2009 07:13 PM

I'm lookin forward to this tread!!! :D:D

cruiselife8 March 6th, 2009 07:41 PM

Oh great! Thank you Radio, I can't wait to read your LIVE reports. I always enjoy them. Have fun!

julescruisin March 6th, 2009 08:26 PM

I can't wait, I love reading your live threads. I am also wondering what you think of the Gem, I was on her April of 2008. Looking forward to reading all your posts, thanks and have a great time:D

smrtypnts March 6th, 2009 08:37 PM

I love live reports!!! Whenever the opportunity to post presents itself, I look forward to reading it!:)

welove2cruise232 March 6th, 2009 08:38 PM

Really looking forward to your live report! You will LOVE the Gem! When I first saw pictures of some of the public rooms it was a shock :eek: but everything works so well together. You will be very well taken care of by an excellent staff, from HD Prem, F & B Director Mirsad, Restaurant Manager Noel, CD Ray and Bar Manager Luis -- all the way down the line NCL has assembled the best of the best!

I'm particularly interested in hearing what you do in the ports, since we'll be on the Gem at the end of the month (THREE WEEKS!!:D). If it was just DH & I we'd probably never get off the ship, but since we're bringing DD on her first ever cruise, and she's never been to any of the ports on this itinerary, we feel the need to show her around.

You're in for a treat in that Ariel Jacobbe is on board -- if you like Sinatra, you will LOVE Ariel!

Enjoy your cruise!

Radio March 6th, 2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrtypnts (Post 18478655)
I love live reports!!! Whenever the opportunity to post presents itself, I look forward to reading it!:)

I have been doing "LIVE" threads for awhile now. . . some of them can be seen HERE. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

cruizinwithkids March 6th, 2009 08:52 PM

I am going to love watching this report and my husband and son will be sailing with you. Even though they are not CCer's, I think I've convinced them to stop in at the meet and greet.

jsnun March 6th, 2009 09:14 PM

Radio I would like to thank you in advance....I too enjoy reading your "live from...." reports and the pictures that accompany them!

scchasgal March 6th, 2009 09:27 PM

Radio:

We loved your recent Majesty and look forward to watching on the Gem.

Please take a picture of the bowling alley and the teppanyaki.

Thanks in advance

jaja March 6th, 2009 09:29 PM

radio...so loooking forward to your "live from...":D

We loved the Gem...and I bet you will too...:)

Radio March 6th, 2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scchasgal (Post 18479346)
Radio:

We loved your recent Majesty and look forward to watching on the Gem.

Please take a picture of the bowling alley and the teppanyaki.

Thanks in advance

Ha ha. . . :) I think I would LOVE to try to Bowl a game while at sea !

Thanks for the nice comments !

Radio
;);)

scchasgal March 6th, 2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio (Post 18479574)

Radio
;);)

You just have to pick a particularly rough sea day and you never know your score may go up!!

Ms belp March 6th, 2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio (Post 18479574)

Radio
;);)

We bowled on the Pearl last May; it was comped by staff for people at the Meet & Greet. It was lots of fun!:D I bowled about as well as I do on land...horrible!:p Gutter balls are my friends.

I also look forward to your posts and pictures from the Gem. I want to cruise on her in April 2010. Thanks!:)

coka March 7th, 2009 01:04 AM

Hi Radio, I love your live reports and pictures! Because of your Majesty live report, I sailed her last August to Bermuda. I also like that your photos come up quickly on my old home computer. Have a safe journey to the ship and an excellent trip.

Coka

MrsKnuts2 March 7th, 2009 07:45 AM

YA! I love cruising - even if it's through someone else's cruise :D

patter44 March 7th, 2009 08:47 AM

Radio, I was so happy to see that you are on the March 7th Gem and plan to do your live reports. We are just off the Gem last Saturday 2/21-2/28 and had a wonderful time on a beautiful ship - now we can relive our cruise with you via computer.

Please try to visit the Mermaid and take some pics of her and all her charms from past cruisers. (Sticky - top of Gem Roll Call board)

Thank you and have a great time!

mickeysgal March 7th, 2009 08:57 AM

Very interested in this thread. We will be on the Gem in May!