earliest you can board?

boa

I'm pretty sure we get kicked out of our hotel at 11 am anyway. *shrugs* I just hope we're not waiting there for ages.

Depending on the port, our experience has been they usually let you in around 10:00-10:30ish. You can go through security, check in and then you get a zone to wait to be called. That time can vary, but for us it's been around 11:00-11:30. We did note on our last two cruises that they were very adamant that you can't get in your room until 1:30 though. So go on lido, have lunch, people watch and wait until 1:30.

Depending on the port, our experience has been they usually let you in around 10:00-10:30ish. You can go through security, check in and then you get a zone to wait to be called. That time can vary, but for us it's been around 11:00-11:30. We did note on our last two cruises that they were very adamant that you can't get in your room until 1:30 though. So go on lido, have lunch, people watch and wait until 1:30.

Thank you. this is very helpful.

FWIW we're cruising out of the POM.

It all depends on the previous cruise. It can vary from 10:45-noon

I quite agree. There are a lot of variables that affect when you can board:

early or lateness of the ship arriving in port

foreigners hungover and not checking with immigration officials on time, therefore screwing up the whole thing. Nobody leaves until the entire ship is cleared.

number of passengers that have to debark (ship size)

How well the debarkation process proceeds

speed of the boarding procedure (check-in, security, pics and Sail'n'Sign cards)

whether or not the crew has to go through immigration (this happens ever so often)

Just check your eDocs and it will tell you what time you can start boarding. You can sometimes get there a little bit earlier and get in.

eDocs say 12:30.

We were at the port at 10:15am, no lines and we were on the Valor in about an hour. I watched the lines grow and grow after we arrived. I would prefer to check in early and sit down vs. waiting in long lines!

eDocs say 12:30.

They always have the time on the eDocs a lot later than I would ever get there. For 1230 I would be there between 10 and 1030. Hey it is day one of your cruise vacation you want to get started.

I'm pretty sure we get kicked out of our hotel at 11 am anyway. *shrugs* I just hope we're not waiting there for ages.

We typically leave our hotel around 10:30am and head to the port. Usually we are among the first group to arrive and it takes a few minutes to check our bags and get in the right lineup. We're usually on board before noon.

Just check your eDocs and it will tell you what time you can start boarding. You can sometimes get there a little bit earlier and get in.

You guys are getting ready to cruise right before us I think on the ELation-let us know here in Malden how you like it. We leave on the Elation May 22 from Mobile.:D

Archived