Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Princess Cruises (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Bogo (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2635377)

mrsboca May 16th, 2018 11:07 AM

Bogo
 
Iíve heard that the steakhouse has BOGO on the day of embarkation. Has anyone else ever heard about this?

paul929207 May 16th, 2018 11:10 AM

Haven't heard that. Passengers in suites get a free specialty restaurant dinner the first night. So BoGo does not sound likely. However, it can't hurt to ask on board.

LARGIN May 16th, 2018 11:10 AM

I think you need the coupon book to take advantage of this offer

AlibearNS May 16th, 2018 11:14 AM

I've not heard of that on Princess but know Celebrity often do speciality dining deals on the first night.

MCC retired May 16th, 2018 11:18 AM

The Coupon is only in the Coupon book that you receive in your cabin if you booked by a TA during one of their Cruise Night Sales. This Coupon makes that book more valuable than that other Coupon book you may receive.

Woobstr112G May 16th, 2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC retired (Post 56086081)
The Coupon is only in the Coupon book that you receive in your cabin if you booked by a TA during one of their Cruise Night Sales. This Coupon makes that book more valuable than that other Coupon book you may receive.

Gotta say that I've never heard of this "Coupon Book.".....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

msmoger May 16th, 2018 11:33 AM

We received it last March on the CB. Unfortunately, we treated it like all previous coupon books and assumed it was worthless. :( By the time we realized it contained the specialty restaurant Bogo it was too late.

On the bright side, we were able to take advantage of a coupon for a complimentary bottle of sparkling water in the specialty restaurants. :)

skynight May 16th, 2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsboca (Post 56085985)
Iíve heard that the steakhouse has BOGO on the day of embarkation. Has anyone else ever heard about this?

We February on the Royal we had a coupon book in our cabin which included a BOGO specialty restaurant dinner for boarding day only. Have no idea if these coupon books are still available. Believe they were part of the T.A.'s incentives. Make sure you look for the book after boarding. We missed it, but since we were on a b2b we were able to take advantage on the next boarding day.

MCC retired July 8th, 2018 11:03 AM

Very important to open that TA Coupon Book as soon as you get in your cabin , grab the Specialty Restaurant Bogo & Sparkling water Coupons , then make your reservation for Embarkation night only.

True , many think it is the same Coupon Book that everyone gets , but it does have some value.

Micah's Grandad July 21st, 2018 01:45 PM

We have a coupon book as part of our promotion for an upcoming cruise next Feb. Will have to take a good look at it, figured it was worthless.

caribill July 22nd, 2018 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah's Grandad (Post 56585618)
We have a coupon book as part of our promotion for an upcoming cruise next Feb. Will have to take a good look at it, figured it was worthless.

Nobody knows if next year's coupon book will have coupons that are in this year's coupon book.

john watson July 22nd, 2018 03:09 AM

Without wishing to sound ignorant; what does BOGO mean? I assume it is an acronym.

Regards John

IECalCruiser July 22nd, 2018 06:46 AM

Bogo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by john watson (Post 56589948)
Without wishing to sound ignorant; what does BOGO mean? I assume it is an acronym.

Regards John

Buy One Get One. If you buy one you get the second free.


Sent from my iPad using Forums

Micah's Grandad July 22nd, 2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caribill (Post 56589925)
Nobody knows if next year's coupon book will have coupons that are in this year's coupon book.

Very true but if they list it as part of the package on acknowledgment hopefully it will be worthwhile

caribill July 23rd, 2018 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah's Grandad (Post 56590572)
Very true but if they list it as part of the package on acknowledgment hopefully it will be worthwhile

By accident or design, historically when a coupon proves actually valuable to passengers, it is eliminated. For example, there used to be a BOGO coupon for coffee cards.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.

© 1995 - 2016, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.