Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Princess Cruises (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Sky Princess Construction Photos (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2635387)

Woobstr112G May 16th, 2018 11:25 AM

Sky Princess Construction Photos
 
I've been scouring the web on a daily basis hoping to find some construction photos of the Sky Princess. Other than a steel cutting ceremony picture that I posted some time ago, I've come up empty. Has anyone else out there found anything? I know it's over a year till launching, but I would have thought something would have turned up by now.....


Bob

dides May 16th, 2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woobstr112G (Post 56086148)
I've been scouring the web on a daily basis hoping to find some construction photos of the Sky Princess. Other than a steel cutting ceremony picture that I posted some time ago, I've come up empty. Has anyone else out there found anything? I know it's over a year till launching, but I would have thought something would have turned up by now.....

Found a page in Italian by someone who went to Monfalcone to check out the ships in construction.
They said this picture shows the blocks of what will soon be Sky Princess:

http://i65.tinypic.com/10yf3bl.jpg

IECalCruiser May 16th, 2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dides (Post 56087983)
Found a page in Italian by someone who went to Monfalcone to check out the ships in construction.
They said this picture shows the blocks of what will soon be Sky Princess:

http://i65.tinypic.com/10yf3bl.jpg

Bob, Looks like there isnít much posted yet because there isnít much to see.


Sent from my iPad using Forums

Woobstr112G May 16th, 2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dides (Post 56087983)
Found a page in Italian by someone who went to Monfalcone to check out the ships in construction.
They said this picture shows the blocks of what will soon be Sky Princess:

http://i65.tinypic.com/10yf3bl.jpg


Thanks for posting the picture.....:):):)

Bob

Lucky TGO May 16th, 2018 10:58 PM

Bob it looks like itís going to be really nice...:D:D:D
Tony

Woobstr112G May 16th, 2018 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky TGO (Post 56091087)
Bob it looks like it’s going to be really nice...:D:D:D
Tony

Tony;

Book the T/A and we’ll find out together how nice she’s going to be......:):):)

Bob

Lucky TGO May 16th, 2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woobstr112G (Post 56091156)
Tony;

Book the T/A and weíll find out together how nice sheís going to be......:):):)

Bob

Great suggestion Bob!! I love it. You never know. :)
Tony

floridalover5623 May 17th, 2018 07:26 AM

When's it supposed to be ready for sailing?

dides May 17th, 2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridalover5623 (Post 56092246)
When's it supposed to be ready for sailing?

In under 17 months... we are booked on the Inaugural in October 2019.

Sandra

voljeep May 17th, 2018 08:15 AM

nice - we're trying to book the little 3 day 'inaugural' out of PE/FLL 12/4/19

Lskravy May 17th, 2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voljeep (Post 56092496)
nice - we're trying to book the little 3 day 'inaugural' out of PE/FLL 12/4/19

I'm interested in that one as well. Do you know what the pricing is for the 3 day?

dides May 17th, 2018 01:55 PM

Did you see the reveal on the new Sky Suites on the top deck? It's pinned on this forum and is in USA Today

Sky Suites
- can accommodate up to five people — a first for Princess
- will be the largest accommodations on Sky Princess
- will offer 270-degree views from the top of the vessel
- offer the largest balconies in the Princess fleet
- will come with special amenities.

Sandra

voljeep May 17th, 2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lskravy (Post 56092556)
I'm interested in that one as well. Do you know what the pricing is for the 3 day?

it's pricey...but available now on the Princess website...

Woobstr112G May 18th, 2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dides (Post 56095026)
Did you see the reveal on the new Sky Suites on the top deck? It's pinned on this forum and is in USA Today

Sky Suites
- can accommodate up to five people — a first for Princess
- will be the largest accommodations on Sky Princess
- will offer 270-degree views from the top of the vessel
- offer the largest balconies in the Princess fleet
- will come with special amenities.

Sandra

I just wish they would come out with at least an artist rendering. I’m a visual kinda guy.....:):):)

Bob

dides May 18th, 2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woobstr112G (Post 56102582)
I just wish they would come out with at least an artist rendering. Iím a visual kinda guy.....:):):)

Early days - I'm sure it will come at some point :D

Sandra

RickEk May 18th, 2018 05:02 PM

The bow was built at a different shipyard and was towed to Monfalcone. I saw pictures on a Facebook ships group but can't find them now... :(

Found this though... https://cruisearabiaonline.com/2018/...ection-launch/


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.

© 1995 - 2016, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.