Email Phishing on the Journey May 16 cruise

trident

I just got back from the May 16 cruise on the Journey and found many emails from family and friends who received bogus emails supposedly from me. I used the computer on the Journey only once and had my entire contact list from yahoo email stolen and used. BEWARE of using computers onboard. Has anyone else discovered this problem??

Fran

I just got back from the May 16 cruise on the Journey and found many emails from family and friends who received bogus emails supposedly from me. I used the computer on the Journey only once and had my entire contact list from yahoo email stolen and used. BEWARE of using computers onboard. Has anyone else discovered this problem??

Fran

Hi Fran !

A few friends who use Yahoo, have mentioned something similar, about their address books being deleted without their permission, which would be a security issue. It is possible this may be a Yahoo issue. I have a feeling this has nothing to do with Azamara. I would suggest getting in touch with Yahoo. Good Luck !

Hi Fran,

Hope you got home without too much hassle. We had to stay over until Monday but had a couple hours Sunday to see the town.

I sent numerous emails using AOL on board and had NO problems. It might have been Yahoo as suggested.

Happy sailings wherever you are off to next.

Sue

Hi Fran,

Hope you got home without too much hassle. We had to stay over until Monday but had a couple hours Sunday to see the town.

I sent numerous emails using AOL on board and had NO problems. It might have been Yahoo as suggested.

Happy sailings wherever you are off to next.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Glad to hear you you got home safely. We had planned to stay over in Copenhagen one night anyway so we had no problems with the late arrival. Thanks for your response about the emails. I have notified Yahoo and hope to get some answers.

Fran

Thanks Andy. I will contact Yahoo about this. It just seemed strange that it should happen the one time I used the internet on the ship.

Fran

Hi Fran !

I hope I was of some assistance. Your problem sounds oddly familiar as to what I heard from some friends. I hope you are able to resolve the issue.

If you havent done so already, please make sure to change your Yahoo password. Also, you may wish to consider changing any and all passwords that you feel could be connected to the problem. Good luck !

has this been updated. I use the computer daily to check our business etc and make sure all is well with family. I have a yahoo.com email. if necessary, I will change and get myself a private hotmail address for the cruise and only access yahoo from land. Please let me know. Evelyn

has this been updated. I use the computer daily to check our business etc and make sure all is well with family. I have a yahoo.com email. if necessary, I will change and get myself a private hotmail address for the cruise and only access yahoo from land. Please let me know. Evelyn

Hi Evelyn !

I have not heard any updates, but if you are concerned, it would be a good idea to set up a free Gmail or Hotmail account for your Cruise. Have a great Cruise !

Evelyn,

I have heard from friends who were on the cruise with me and used the computers more than I did. They had no trouble so I am inclined to think that the trouble was with yahoo.

Fran

Archived