Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Change of Itinerary (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2645148)

THL1313 June 13th, 2018 12:18 PM

Change of Itinerary

Hi all,

Received an email saying our December Christmas cruise on the BREEZE itinerary is changed. Same ports, just changed to port days around with slightly different times. The letter said the change was "Due to operational considerations".

Just wondering if anyone knows what that means?

TIA

joepeka June 13th, 2018 12:23 PM

We had our Conquest itinerary this past Spring similarly scrambled due to HMC being over capacity on the day we were to stop there (HAL had two ships calling, in addition to us, so we were bumped). Carnival's official explanation for the itinerary change was "operational considerations" in that situation as well but we know it was the HMC ship capacity issue and HAL having priority. :mad:

zeroyankee June 13th, 2018 12:29 PM

Had this happen on the cruise we did for Christmas. Grand Cayman was the scheduled port for Christmas Day and it was switched with our Cozumel stop. Reasoning was that most everything was going to be closed in Grand Cayman whereas in Cozumel there would still be things open for the ships that were in port.

WiCruiseDreamer June 13th, 2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THL1313 (Post 56295438)
Hi all,

Received an email saying our December Christmas cruise on the BREEZE itinerary is changed. Same ports, just changed to port days around with slightly different times. The letter said the change was "Due to operational considerations".

Just wondering if anyone knows what that means?

TIA

Could really be a variety of reasons. I am thinking since the port days were changed, it has to do with the ports themselves having some issue. Ports can only handle so many ships as well as so many passengers and while one would think they would have that figured out ahead of time, that is not always the case.

Micah's Grandad June 13th, 2018 12:49 PM

Probably one of the above but they will never tell you the real reason

Californiacruizers June 13th, 2018 12:55 PM

I am on this sailing as well. Looks like there are already 5 ships that are expected to call in Cozumel on 12/24. The Breeze would have been the 6th ship. Perhaps this may have something to do with the change.

Tiger0613 June 13th, 2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Californiacruizers (Post 56295724)
I am on this sailing as well. Looks like there are already 5 ships that are expected to call in Cozumel on 12/24. The Breeze would have been the 6th ship. Perhaps this may have something to do with the change.

There are six berths between the three piers in Cozumel. I think a seventh ship can be accommodated, but it will be a tender port for that ship. I wouldn't want to be in Cozumel when it is at at full capacity.

waldreps June 13th, 2018 03:01 PM

I'm on the Magic sailing 12-23-18 and will be in Cozumel on Christmas day along with 6 others ships. I wonder if any changes will happen for any of those ships.

bjstenman June 13th, 2018 04:30 PM

How do you find out what ships are in a Port on any given day?

waldreps June 13th, 2018 04:38 PM

I go here if it will let me post a link: http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/

maldenmusic June 13th, 2018 04:43 PM

Our May 2018 cruise on the Dream had a change in schedule for the same reasons you were given.

joepeka June 13th, 2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjstenman (Post 56297408)

I find this site to be usually very accurate and easy to use:

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/

Californiacruizers June 13th, 2018 06:54 PM

Cruisett.com tells you what ships are in port on given days as well.

docboy June 13th, 2018 06:57 PM

Family and I have an upcoming trip departing Long Beach to the Mexican Rivera June 30, 2018. Got an email from Carnival, ship is leaving 1 hour earlier "to give us even more fun." Spent a whole day stressing and rearranging flights and schedule so we don't miss the boat. First time this every happened to us.

cruiserbrianj June 13th, 2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjstenman (Post 56297408)

CruiseMapper.com works well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

winddawn June 13th, 2018 07:11 PM

I've cruised over Christmas several times. In my experience, almost everything is closed in the Caribbean/Bahamas on Christmas Day regardless of port of call. Your best bet is for Christmas Day to be a sea day.

Micah's Grandad June 13th, 2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winddawn (Post 56298654)
I've cruised over Christmas several times. In my experience, almost everything is closed in the Caribbean/Bahamas on Christmas Day regardless of port of call. Your best bet is for Christmas Day to be a sea day.

If you can figure out the transportation always a beach to go to

winddawn June 13th, 2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah's Grandad (Post 56298727)
If you can figure out the transportation always a beach to go to

Even lots of beaches close on Christmas Day. And like you stated, transportation to them is another issue. And even if you can get there, where are you going to find an umbrella drink? Just like in the U.S., almost nothing is open on Christmas Day in the Caribbean/Bahamas.

pntnnc June 14th, 2018 06:00 AM

I am curious I am on the same sailing but never got an email that it changed? Anyone know how to check why I am not receiving email?

Lottacruises June 14th, 2018 08:03 AM

These things happen from time to time.

As far as not receiving the email, you may want to check your booking online and be sure the email address is in there and correct.