Eyelash extensions

Nessie07

I am thinking about getting eyelash extensions for my upcoming cruise to glam up my look a bit. But I'm feeling a little unsure if I will like them or not. I guess I'm worried they will bother me or I'll end up damaging them.

Has anyone had these and what is your experience?

Cruise is in 2 weeks so I'm running out of time to decide!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

My sister had the magnetic ones. They were terrible. Not shaped right and fell off all the time. A co worker had the extensions and while everyone told her how great they looked she said never again! Too many restrictions on what make up you use and how you clean your face and ect..

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

I got them once. I loved them at first. Toxicfairy is correct. You have to be very aware of how you you put on makeup and clean your face. The worst part is when you don't want them anymore...… You have to let them fall off naturally, sparatically, if you want to keep your own eyelashes intact. I am with her..... NEVER again. I now use Latisse ( although that takes months ).

Thanks for all the comments! I think I'm going to stick with my gut feeling of NO on the lashes for now. As pretty as they look I think they will drive me crazy and I can't keep up with the upkeep for them. Going to get some nice mascara instead!

I used to get mine permed and died and it worked really well (do they even do that anymore??). I've never done the extensions but considering it too especially since I wear less make up on the cruise.
Yes they do this! I think they call it a lash lift. I've thought about trying this too.

I used to get mine permed and died and it worked really well (do they even do that anymore??). I've never done the extensions but considering it too especially since I wear less make up on the cruise.

yes, they now call it a 'lash lift' - great for the summer and cruising since I do not have to wear mascara during the day. If I want to glam it up for the night I add some mascara.

I love my extensions! I love being able to wake up and all I need is lipstick to look fine. Can’t wait to try them on a cruise. You won’t even know you have them on, they are so light. Just please research the person you go to. Thee are a lot of people doing the extensions that don’t know what they are doing. If you find a reputable person, you will love your lashes, and be hooked!

• 5 months later...

I have a friend that loves them and uses them all the time. She did say that if she doesn't go in to get them touched up, they start to look terrible, and she has been using them for so long, that she has lost most of her own lashes. Now she has to use them, whether she wants to or not. 

I've never used them, but if I'm going to lose my natural lashes, I'm not going to try.

• 3 months later...
On 7/11/2018 at 9:49 AM, brucelegs said:

yes, they now call it a 'lash lift' - great for the summer and cruising since I do not have to wear mascara during the day. If I want to glam it up for the night I add some mascara.

One of the stylists at the salon I go to does this lift and tint.  Thought about it since I have blonde eyelashes.  Not sure how the extensions would work.  i would assume they are dark and would look odd with my lashes. Would like to not have to wear mascara all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I should take a break from extensions. It took a little over a months for my eyelash to get back to normal. No damage done except that I now think I have to get them put back on. I loved them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have had extensions, and they looked great for about 2 weeks, then, not so much.  It took 2 hours to apply and you have to be very careful with them when taking off make up and sleeping.  A lot of maintenance if you want to keep the look going.

Now I get the lash tint and lift which lasts me a couple of months, and you don't have to baby them nearly as much.

What I have done a couple times when I have a special event or vacation is I get the lash tint and lift and then go back the next day and get a "flare". A flare is where they put lash extensions sporadically, not completely over your lid.  It gives a beautiful pop to your eye and is very glamorous. Again, you do have to be super careful with the extension lashes, but in my opinion, it's worth it if you don't care that it only lasts 1 -2 weeks.  Then when the flare lashes fall out, you still have your lashes that you tinted and lifted that look great for a few months.  

• 4 weeks later...

I had extensions done for the first time in many years for our cruise last month, we were gone for about 3 & half weeks, & they lasted the whole time & stayed looking nice.   The great thing was that I needed zero eye makeup the entire time,  just brought some concealer, lip gloss & eyebrow gel & I was good to go :)   I did get a fill when I came home because I think I'm hooked.   

I went back to extensions after taking a break from them.  I think they are a time saver, especially when I have to go to work at 5:30 A.M. No need for eyeliner, eyeshadow or mascara, at least for 2 weeks.  I get a fill every 3 weeks.  The third week isn't as nice but is still way better than my natural lashes, even with mascara. I wash the with baby shampoo in the shower every morning and give them a quick brush.  Easy Peasy

On 6/10/2019 at 8:01 AM, SheriAZ said:

I went back to extensions after taking a break from them.  I think they are a time saver, especially when I have to go to work at 5:30 A.M. No need for eyeliner, eyeshadow or mascara, at least for 2 weeks.  I get a fill every 3 weeks.  The third week isn't as nice but is still way better than my natural lashes, even with mascara. I wash the with baby shampoo in the shower every morning and give them a quick brush.  Easy Peasy

Hi, I totally agree!

Another great thing for me is that I used to always have problems with watering eyes, even with "hypo allergenic" type makeup,  since I've been getting the extensions, I have zero problems.... plus the time & effort saved is amazing.  

• 5 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, SheriAZ said:

I have extensions. I get fills every three weeks. I love them. Cleaning isnt a problem once you get used to a news routine and you will need much less eye makeup

oh wow! every 3 weeks- I thought about getting them... they start at $300 !!!

ill stick to my $25 mascara