Live aboard the Star

coiran

Hi

At Sea today - heading for ASan Juan - a little lumpy and cool.

Do not believe the negative reviews on the Star - The ship is great shape, although I did notice a small rugstain. Food so far has been excellent. Our room, an inside standard, is larger than a regular standard - A 515 must be a guarded secret - it is very roomy.

Embarkation was not too bad - we arrived at the port about 11:30 - doors opened about noon - we were in our cabin by 12:20.

will check back later

Ron

Cant wait to see the warm sun. Its snowing here in Reno, NV today. How are the seas Ron. I heard in the past its been kinda rough. What nights are formal night? Ron did you do any tours in San Juan? Enjoy your trip

Hi Ron, I'm glad you are having a good time. We'll be on the Star on Feb. 20. Let us know what you did in each port. Enjoy it!:)

Mariner of the Seas - RCI - Feb. 04

Carnival Victory - Carnival - July 04

Seabourn Pride - Seabourn - Sept. 04

Disney Wonder - Disney - Dec. 04/05

Star Princess - Princess - Feb. 05

bathroom stuff was the usual shampoo, conditioner, lotion - we had a big surprise - as we entered our room we found a bottle of champagne and a plate of eight chocolate dipped strawberries - from the ship?

Today was a sea day - somewhat rough but smoothing out now - good dinner - formal night.

Ron

We didn't get into San Juan untill 7 PM - too dark to see anythinbg - but we ahve been there before - be sure to see the fort in the daytime and have some mufango at a local restaurant.

St. Thomas today - just went out and bought some Absolut Vodka for $10 per Litre - Sorry Scott - couldn't find any 5 oclock - maybe they were using it in the laundry - I think the Goose was going for about $15.

I said the ship was in good shape - maybe not true - saw many maintenance guys painting and varnishing and even replacing carpet in a room - Princess shouldn't let the ship go to pot like this LOL

Wife bought some snorkel goggles and tube - we are going to flood the bathroom tonight and check it out!

We leave for Tortola in about an hour - tonight is Island night on the aft decks - they were setting up this afternoon.

Ron

WHY in the world did you not get to SJU until 7pm? Hope everything is OK. We have a shore excursion scheduled for 6pm in a few weeks and being that late not going to work since it is a non refundable trip. Yikes! We would have missed it if we were on your sailing.

B

PS have you tried to order a hot breakfast from room service? Would like to know the results if you did.

We had some stiff headwinds heading to SJ - delayed 3 hours.

Food has been excellent no matter what the gourmet naysayers say!

Anybody that can complain about Princess food must eat at 5 star gourmet restaurants 24/7 - Princess isn't a 5 star but ranks in th 2 to 3 star gourmet/fine dining - after all how many gourmet restaurants serve 2600 pople every sitting???

Tortola isn.t much - better plan a beach excursion.

Ron

Thanks for all of the day to day reports!! I was talking to my daughter yesterday from the ship and she said that the first day was really rocky. I also passed on the comment about the shows - they love the feedback and to hear what people think, good or bad.

Looks like you got 22 extra square feet than the rest of us insiders. Good find!

Have a great time and let us know more. Only 23 days until I get a turn!

Can you tell us a little about the entertainment on board now - like the comedians/"guest" entertainment. Have seen all the other shows.

Thanks,

B

Hey, Ron. Thanks for checking in. We were on Star Princess 2 weeks ago and would love to be back onboard! Isn't Scott Wyler fabulous? I bought his CD and still laugh every time I play it. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Archived