Catching 10:30am flight from Fort Lauderdale Airport

lululee

Arrival at port does not necessarily mean that people may start ashore.

I'd want at least 3 hours after the ship starts disembarking for a flight- you don't want to get caught it a ICE issue (not you specifically, but they often hold up all disembarking until all the paperwork is squared away).

I glanced at the RCCL site and guessed at a date. RCCL recommends 11:30 as the earliest flight out of FLL.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/airtravel/viewAirSeaTime.do?shipCode=LB&airportOfEmbarkation=FLL&portOfEmbarkation=FLL&airportOfDisembarkation=FLL&portOfDisembarkation=FLL&departureDay=10&departureMonth=11&departureYear=2012&x=28&y=8.

I agree with all said here. Arriving at 5:30 doesn't mean getting off at 5:30. Flight might be doable, but a slight bump in the way, and you are out a flight. Why do you want that stress on your vacation?

I wouldn't book anything before 11:00

You will need to be at the airport at 9:00 at the latest. If you request either self-disembarkation or are in the first two groups off, yes you will make it. And of course that assumes there is no hangups arriving and disembarking.

Our last FLL flight was rescheduled earlier to 10:45 on one cruise and we made it with time to spare.

THAT being said, I was pretty anxious and stressed while waiting in the customs and TSA lines. Our last breakfast onboard was anything than relaxed. And it made my last night on the ship pretty sleepless as I worried we would overslepp and/or miss the flight.

It's really up to you. Like everyone says here, 11:30-noon is a perfect flight time.:)

We just did this on our last cruise. We self assist debarked as soon as we pulled into port (around 7am). Took a cab to the airport (so we didn't have to wait for the shuttle bus to fill up before leaving) & were at the airport in PLENTY of time!

For us, it's worth it to take the chance and fly home around lunch time (as opposed to being in transit for an entire day).

I wouldn't do it. It's too risky.

Keith

I have to agreed with Keith. That early a flight it doesn't take much of a hiccup to cause a problem. We always book no earlier than noon to be safe.

But if you do decide to go for it, best have a plan B as if you miss it, there will be additional airlines charges (hefty) plus a long wait until the next available seat. Don't forget, there could be 15-20,000 people disembarking at Port Everglades and most go to FLL.

Archived