2016 Brides!

Hi ladies!

The 2015 Brides! thread was so helpful (I read the whole thing the day after my engagement) and so successful that now that I am booked for a 2016 wedding, I thought I would start a new thread for our year! Anyone booked in 2016 yet?

I am officially getting married on the Carnival Sensation on March 24, 2016! We booked the cabin and the Time to Celebrate Big package last night and thanks to the 2015 ladies, secured the DJ so that I will know my reception is in the Kaleidoscope nightclub.

Cheers to the 2016 brides! The next year should be a lot of fun getting everything planned. I can't wait to meet you all!

Hello! We are booked on the Carnival Dream for February 14. We booked the luncheon. We were tossed between that and Time to Celebrate Big. My fiance thought it would be better to do this based on our guests and their ages. I'm excited, but also this is my second marriage.

I'm not sure yet how I feel about The Wedding Experience. I feel that they have already tried to talk me out of some things I want to do, such as centerpieces. I know what I want specifically. I'm waiting on a price quote now. I don't want to bring a bunch on the ship. Just simple elegance.

Hi ladies!

The 2015 Brides! thread was so helpful (I read the whole thing the day after my engagement) and so successful that now that I am booked for a 2016 wedding, I thought I would start a new thread for our year! Anyone booked in 2016 yet?

I am officially getting married on the Carnival Sensation on March 24, 2016! We booked the cabin and the Time to Celebrate Big package last night and thanks to the 2015 ladies, secured the DJ so that I will know my reception is in the Kaleidoscope nightclub.

Cheers to the 2016 brides! The next year should be a lot of fun getting everything planned. I can't wait to meet you all!

Congrats on your booking!! I should be booking mine within the next week or so and I will let you know what we decide! How many guests are you having? And what are you bringing with you for the ceremony/reception that you aren't doing through Carnival?

Congrats on your booking!! I should be booking mine within the next week or so and I will let you know what we decide! How many guests are you having? And what are you bringing with you for the ceremony/reception that you aren't doing through Carnival?

For right now, we invited 35 parties to sail with us. Based on who books the cruise with us will determine if we expand the guest list. We are holding the "non-sailing" info to ourselves and plan on using that option for family.

We were surprised that within a few hours of announcing the official trip details, we had 6 cabins (14 guests) booked.

I am pretty much thinking that I will bring a little ribbon for the cake and a family friend will be making my bouquet and my flower girl bouquet. My MOH will take the hand tied one that comes with the package. I am thinking that is about it. I thought a lot about what I remembered about weddings I attended and really can't remember details...just the fun times we had. I am putting my money into food and the DJ and using the ship as my decorations.

Hi all,

I booked my cruise and sent save the dates to 45 family members and friends for a wedding aboard Norwegian Escape April 2016. Escape is a new ship so very little information is available and they are not accepting wedding bookings until the ship sails in October 2015. I would like to have a symbolic ceremony at sea with all my guests, hire a photographer for an hour and a dinner at one of the speciality restaurants to follow.

Anyone else booked for a wedding on a Norwegian ship?

Congrats to all the brides of 2016!

Hi Ladies!

We are booked on the NCL Spirit for April 23, 2016. We will be getting married while in port since the majority of our guests will not be sailing with us. We met on the Spirit TA back in 2012 so it was a no-brainer to get married on her and take the TA as our honeymoon. 447 days to go :D

Lori

Woo hoo! Looks like a lot of April Brides!! We are just a month earlier on the Carnival Sensation on March 24, 2016!!

Some things that I learned:

• We can have different flavors for each cake tier.
  • There are 3 menus to choose from for the Time to Celebrate...Big - one is vegan
  • We can do a signature cocktail - just need to send the color/flavor

I also got some info from TWE and an thinking about more flowers. Corsages/boutonnieres for parents and best man as well as a bouquet for my MOH.

Diana, did you see that the Galveston ships are re-positioning? Will this change things?

The ship we booked is part of the re-positioning (I think?). I think she (Freedom) is currently sailing out of FL but she will going out of Galveston. Did you see an article on it? I'm just wondering if there is any info I may have missed?

Kelly... how soon after you booked did you hear from TWE. My coordinator has yet to call me. I got a ton of information and forms sent to me via 2 separate emails but I haven't heard from anyone.

A couple things... the form I got for the cake didn't mention having different flavored tiers... did you ask specifically about that? And also... I'm assuming you had to ask for the additional menus? The one that was sent to me was very short.

I looked at the flower options and sadly wasn't very impressed. Their prices seemed high and they didn't have a lot of options so I'm thinking of making silk arrangements myself and taking them with me. I figured I could play around with some and see how they turn out. I want to make one for each of the columns and a bouquet for myself but I haven't thought of any other flowers that I might want yet.

Oh yes... and thanks to pinterest and my imagination I'm now thinking of doing OOT bags which may be pricey once I have all of the things I want for them. What is everyone's opinion on the bags? A nice gesture? Will people use them? Wasted money?

Hi!! I was originally booked for 12/31/15, but due to scheduling issues we moved the date to 4/7/16 on the Carnival Victory (celebrate big package)!! I am very excited!! Congrats to all you other 2016 brides!

I have a few questions that maybe someone will know:

- does anyone know what the bridal bouquet looks like that comes with the wedding package? I've been trying to find pictures on here, but they all look like upgrades.

- so I know you can do a signature cocktail.. would that be considered an upgrade? If so, does anyone know the price??

Kelly... how soon after you booked did you hear from TWE. My coordinator has yet to call me. I got a ton of information and forms sent to me via 2 separate emails but I haven't heard from anyone.

I looked at the flower options and sadly wasn't very impressed. Their prices seemed high and they didn't have a lot of options so I'm thinking of making silk arrangements myself and taking them with me. I figured I could play around with some and see how they turn out. I want to make one for each of the columns and a bouquet for myself but I haven't thought of any other flowers that I might want yet.

Oh yes... and thanks to pinterest and my imagination I'm now thinking of doing OOT bags which may be pricey once I have all of the things I want for them. What is everyone's opinion on the bags? A nice gesture? Will people use them? Wasted money?

I booked over a month ago and have not received a call. I did get some emails. There are other flower options if you want fresh flowers. Your contact through TWE can get a price quote for you if you have samples of what you want. If you decide to make some arrangements just remember that you have to get them on and off the ship.

At this point I am not doing OOT bags like those I've been seeing. Depending on how things go, I want to design shirts for those who go on the cruise. My aunt owns a shirt company so I would get a great deal. I might do a little snack bag with local treats for anyone who stays in the hotel the night before.

Hi!! I was originally booked for 12/31/15, but due to scheduling issues we moved the date to 4/7/16 on the Carnival Victory (celebrate big package)!! I am very excited!! Congrats to all you other 2016 brides!

I have a few questions that maybe someone will know:

- does anyone know what the bridal bouquet looks like that comes with the wedding package? I've been trying to find pictures on here, but they all look like upgrades.

- so I know you can do a signature cocktail.. would that be considered an upgrade? If so, does anyone know the price??

The signature drink is included in your package. You need to tell them that you would like to include it to your guests and ask them to send you a list of your options.

I attached a picture of the bouquet that comes with the package that was sent to me by Carnival.

2134234408_8rosebouquethandtiedwithgreeneryandlimonium.jpg.72757d5255b5ef35ca4fec777eadbb6e.jpg

A couple things... the form I got for the cake didn't mention having different flavored tiers... did you ask specifically about that? And also... I'm assuming you had to ask for the additional menus? The one that was sent to me was very short.

I got an email from TWE last week and then a call to follow up the next day. We booked on January 23 so it was about 3 weeks. I pretty much didn't have anything to talk to them about so I told her that I would call her back in a few months.

I asked Elizabeth (my coordinator with Carnival) about the cake tiers and menus and she sent me the menus and confirmed the cake tiers. TWE posted some pics on their Facebook page of some decent looking silks a few days ago. I haven't really checked into pricing yet but got a price list from them for their fresh arrangements. Again, still too far out to make those decisions. :)

I was thinking t-shirts rolled tightly into plastic Tervis-like cups. I learned to bring my own cups on cruises years ago and think that my guests would like that as a gift since most are Floridians and regular cruisers so they know what to pack.

I thoroughly enjoy reading the 2015 thread and I expect that the same will go for this one as well since I'm not getting married til 2017. Who knows, by then, maybe I'll be the one creating that thread. :D

Anyway, looking forward to reading about all of the 2016 Brides progress as time goes on.

We are changing from the Let Us Serve You luncheon to Time to Celebrate Big. The main reason for the change is the cost involved in being able to have the space look the way that I would like it to. The vendor is now only offering one type of small rose centerpiece at $100 each. They have also increased the price of floral upgrades. I received that new list yesterday. Adding up the costs of guests between the two packages saves us $450 between them. I won't have to put out extras for menu cards and the like for the tables and the other item's I was planning on bringing to dress the tables.

I love to host dinner parties at home, so I already knew I would want a specific look. I don't want to worry about lugging a bunch of items on board, which is why I wanted to use the vendor. So now we will just switch gears and plan a less formal event. I'm fine with that. This is my second marriage and I want this wedding to be stress free!

We are getting married Oct 15th, 2016, but not on the cruise. The cruise will be our honeymoon. We are in Maryland and really want to sail on the Carnival Breeze, so to have family and friends attend the wedding, we decided to do it a week before.