Question for recent Gem cruisers...

lee122

Wondering if the White Hot Party is still a thing on the Gem 7-day sailing?

We depart 4/28.

My guy doesn't do white. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He's more of a black t-shirt and jeans guy. If I buy him white stuff, he'll wear it to make me happy, but if there's no party, there's no point.

Was on the Gem in January, new CD Lorena was wonderful. White Hot Party still a thing on the Gem, although Lorena has added additional theme nights. One was 80's Rock night, which might suit your "jeans/black shirt guy" better. The assistant CD, Evan, wore denim, concert tee, vest, and hair band wig with bandana...even got up with the band to sing. Ours was a 10 day cruise and had at least 4 themed party nights, along with the White Hot Party. Enjoy your cruise.

There is no need to buy clothes for that. Most do wear white but not everyone does or is expected to do so. I thought the white hot party, especially being held in the Spinnaker, did lack atmosphere on the Gem last week. With the right crowd it might be a great party but it is far from being the hottest party on sea. Compared to the Breakaway Glow Party last year in January pretty much a joke. NCL could take a lesson from Costa to learn how to do big party right.

Oh & are kids allowed at the 80s party? We have 12yr old twin girls, so thinking if they are allowed I may get some 80s gear for them (neon leggings & tops etc) so they can look cool too. lol I am sure they will absolutely love me dressing them up like that. ;)

I can't remember all of them. Two parties, the 80's rock and a second one with the Caribbean band was actually with life music outside on the pool deck after the second theatre shows. They put out a small buffet at topsiders outside during that time was well.

The white hot party and probably others are done with music from the on board DJ.

Kids are always allowed, the only place adults only is Bliss lounge after 11(.30?)pm

We were on the Gem 3 times this past year, parties definitely depend on the CD. We had Mark twice, and only had White Hot Party.

When Lorena took over on the Gem (we were on the 10 day) the themed parties were:

1st night - Welcome aboard dance party @ spinnaker

2nd night - Norwegian night out party @ Spinnaker

3rd night - 70's Groovalicius Dance party @ Spinnaker

5th night - Latin Fiesta with cruise staff @ Poolside

6th night - Caribbean Dance party @ Poolside

7th night - Rock the Gem - 80's rock night @ Poolside

9th night - White Hot Party @ Spinnaker

10th night - 80's Glow dance party @ Bliss

Each of these took place from 10:30 pm - closing and the CD on board is directly responsible for the activities. We were so happy that the Gem got some new energy from Lorena. Prior to her, the Gem didn't have some of the newer themes that the larger ships have. It was such a bore the previous two times we were on this past year. NCL!! Please take note, your CD's matter to your clientele!!!

Another question about the Gem.... totally unrelated to the dance parties!!

Do they have a coffee bar on the Gem? Totally don't remember! I'm pretty sure they do. Otherwise, was it at the bar in the atrium that you got coffee or lattes?

... Do they have a coffee bar on the Gem? ,,,

Yes, coffee bar is part of the atrium lobby bar ... sometimes not busy but always some regulars there whenever we passed by, it seemed, on sea days ... chatting with the crew.

@Michele /OnTheGoMom921 - hi, there ... again, how's it going, any chance of bumping into you folks again onboard this April, LOL.

@mking...Hi back at ya! We are a bit "Gem'd out" having done our last 5 cruises in two years on her. We won't be heading out in April...but we are thinking about hopping on board the Escape when she makes her way up here, possibly when our DD gets home from college this summer.

Enjoy your cruise...we really were happy with the Entertainment Crew changes on the Gem. Added to the enjoyment of our entire trip. Hope you all have the chance to cruise with Lorena & Evan as CD & Asst. CD