Amazon adventure 2007

We are cruising on the 'Pride' from Rio to Manaus next January.Its our first time with Seabourn.When we disembark we are undertaking a few days in a lodge in the Amazon forest including a cruise.

Has anyone undertaken a similiar cruise / Amazon jungle stay ?

If so would appreciate any helpfull comments or suggestons.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Tony.

I did Manaus to Ft. Lauderdale on the RSSC Mariner in 2005. I loved the voyage. Here are some pictures and notes from my cruise http://homepage.mac.com/bsterner/amazoncruise/

I spent hours and hours on my veranda just watching the river. It was just unbelievable. I would wake at 2:00am and say, I will just go out to the veranda and stay 10 minutes and then 90 minutes later I would go to bed. :D I would plan on staying seating by the picture window if I did not have a veranda.

The ppl along the Amazon were great. They do not get a lot of cruise ships passengers and it shows.

I'VE DONE RIO TO FLORIDA AND MANAUS TO FLORIDA ON THE PRIDE.

SALVADOR DE BAHIA WAS MY FAVORITE PORT . I WAS ON A VIRTUOSO EXCURSION BUT MORE INTERESTING STUFF TO SEE AND DO IF GIVEN A PRIVATE TOUR.

ONE DAY, I HOPE TO GO BACK!

THERE'S A FOUR WHEEL BUGGY RIDE THRU SAND DUNES IN NATAL.

MANY PASSENGERS GOT OFF IN MANAUS FOR CARNIVAL THAT YEAR AS I STAYED ON. AT THE LAST SECOND, THE SHIP OFFERED TICKETS TO CARNIVAL.

WITH A GREAT CONNECTION I MADE ON BOARD, I HAD A MINI TOUR OF THE CITY ON MY WAY TO CARNIVAL.

ON MY NEXT TRIP FLYING INTO MANAUS I MET MY GUIDES TO CARNIVAL AT THE AIRPORT! I ALSO SPIED AN OPEN AIR MARKET NEAR THE VESSEL BUT I WAS WAY TOO EXHAUSTED AFTER VERY LONG FLIGHTS.

I'LL NEVER FORGET THE TOUR FLIGHT IN MANAUS OVER THE AMAZON. IT TOOK MY BREATH AWAY!

THEY HAD A SHOW BOTH TIMES IN THE PORT AREA . THERE WERE RESTAURANTS AND EXCELLENT SHOPPING IN THE TERMINAL AND MORE IN THE SURROUNDING AREA. NOW THIS WAS A FEW YEARS BACK SO THINGS MIGHT HAVE CHANGED.

TOO BAD YOU WILL MISS THE SEABOURN EXPERIENCE , BOI BUMBA IN PARATINS.

A PIRANHA FISHING BOAT TOUR ON THE AMAZON WAS ALSO A HIGHLIGHT. YOU GOT TO SAMPLE LOCAL FOOD AND VIEW WILDLIFE UP CLOSE.

LOTS OF BUGS JOINED US ON BOARD WHILE CRUISING THE AMAZON RIVER.

DEVIL'S ISLAND AND THEN BARBADOS ENDED THIS TERRIFIC VOYAGE.

THE TOUR DESK CAN BE VERY HELPFUL WITH UPDATED INFORMATION.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

We did it two years ago. We stayed a week before we got on the ship. We stayed in the tree tops about an four away from port. If you like doing things in the rough and have a great time doing it and meet the most interesting people please take a few days before you get on the ship.

» Ariau Amazon Towers Hotel Brazil This place is just great.

Archived