"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas-9/11/2010 Bermuda

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I am happy to be posting another “LIVE” report. This time I will be “LIVE” from the Explorer of the Seas. I was in Bermuda earlier this year on the Explorer of the Seas in May 2010. That "LIVE" post can be viewed HERE.

I have arrived at my hotel, and I am relaxing with a coffee (SBX) in hand. By brother and his wife will be arriving a little later. I may go down to the pier tonight to see the 911 Memorial, and Lights from Manhattan.

I am looking forward to my embarkation tomorrow morning. I am near the Newark International Airport , and it only takes about 15 min to go over to Bayonne. I plan to be at Cape Liberty by 11AM, and I will wait it out in the Terminal until we are ready for embarkation.

Those of you who have followed my "LIVE" reports with RCI, NCL, CCL and HAL already know that I will provide daily comments and trip reports from this cruise.

I will also post "LIVE" pics daily (as long as I am able to maintain a valid wireless connection) I won’t have In Cabin Wi-Fi, but there are many areas on board Explorer of the Seas that I can get a wireless connection. I seem to frequent the Connoisseur Club on Deck 6. I usually am able to get a fast signal while in there. . .

The forecast for tomorrow is sunny and mild (76F). It should be a beautiful day for a lovely Sailaway.

There will be several ships with us tomorrow. Caribbean Princess will sail from Red Hook, (Brooklyn),while Norwegian Jewel, and Carnival Glory will sail from Manhattan.

It seems that TS IGOR will not be a concern for our sailing. I am happy about that ! :rolleyes:

We have had a great Roll Call here on Cruise Critic, and this cruise should be alot of fun. . .

Sit back. . . Relax. . . and have a view through my eyes. . . the beautiful Explorer of the Seas during a 5 Night Voyage to Bermuda !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Explorer of the Seas

MM23.JPG

Bermuda (May 2010)

Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Itinerary

BDIT.JPG

The last 2 times we sailed on Explorer of the Seas from Cape Liberty, the ship arrived very late, and we didn't sail until Midnight !:eek:

The first was in 2007, and EX arrived late due to Hurricane Noel, in May 2010 EX arrived late due to a missing Crew member.

This time we will NOT be leaving late, but we will leave right on time.

Tropical Storm IGOR will NOT be in our way !

Radio

;);)

TS IGOR

IGOR1.JPG

Radio, I thought you had a trip coming up in September so I did a search and was pleasantly surprised to see you started your report for your cruise tomorrow. I enjoy your reporting and pictures of your many trips. Yes, you will be leaving with good weather tomorrow. Looking forward to your reports. Enjoy your cruise!!

Linda

I'm looking forward to your review. I followed your Live from the Pride and especially like your humor and the way you incorporate pictures in your review. Thanks in advance for taking time to do this.

ps Explorer is a great ship. We did the Canada cruise in 2008 and really enjoyed our first experience on a Voyager class ship.

Radio,

I have read your "Live from...." reports before and they were wonderful. Am looking forward to this one as well. My cousin, her husband, inlaws, brother in law and sister in law are also on this sailing. Will be interesting to hear their take on it when they return! Have a great cruise!

Archived