Royal Clipper Library

cflutist

The library on Royal Clipper is a very lovely room. It seems to have a rotating collection of books. Bring one - take one. It also has the daily news sheet. Lectures are held there occasionally. Enjoy!

I agree that the library is lovely. but the books I saw there in Feb/Mar were few and mostly very old. There was also a selection of books in German and French. I saw no evidence of any rotating collection as you see on the main stream cruise lines where there are regular shipments of current best sellers in both fiction and nonfiction. Of course, you might get lucky but don't bet on it.

Perhaps I am spoiled with my Kindle. I usually have 15 or 20 books loaded and ready to read ranging from current novels to classics like Mark Twain and my interest in History of the area I am traveling in. All contained in a neat package that I can easily take anywhere. I can read my Kindle in the sun with sun glasses on or in the dark with the backlight on. I need to charge it about once a week. Obviously I am a fan :D

• 8 months later...

The library was fine for me. I read a lot and on our 10 day cruise I think I read 8 books that I got from the library. I think about half or a little bit more of the books are in English, the rest in other languages (mainly German I think).

I had to search a bit to find books I wanted to read, but it was not hard. Near the end of trip when I returned a book, I noticed other ones that were not there before, so I picked up two of those to read.

Overall I'd say it was nice if you like to read a variety of topics. If you like just one (say murder mysteries), you might find it to be more limited.