Places to eat near Royal Plaza on Scotts Road, Singapore

PCWalton1

The title kind of says it all. We will be arriving early afternoon for just one night so really looking for a place for dinner within walking distance.

Thanks

We stayed at the Royal Plaza on Scotts Hotel and it was great. Only thing, the restaurant in the hotel was expensive, so we ate elsewhere.

Here is my review of our stay in Singapore and our cruise. Perhaps it will help you. There are many restaurants near the hotel, ranging from food court type Asian food across the street (downstairs) where you can eat for less than $8 pp. to Western style restaurants in the nearby building on the left, facing the hotel.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=501167

We stayed at the Royal Plaza on Scotts Hotel and it was great. Only thing, the restaurant in the hotel was expensive, so we ate elsewhere.

Here is my review of our stay in Singapore and our cruise. Perhaps it will help you. There are many restaurants near the hotel, ranging from food court type Asian food across the street (downstairs) where you can eat for less than $8 pp. to Western style restaurants in the nearby building on the left, facing the hotel.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=501167

Thanks, I looked at the restaurant at the hotel and it looked really good. But the price is far more that I am willing to pay. So I guess I will keep looking. Do you happen to remember the name of the food court?

Thanks, I looked at the restaurant at the hotel and it looked really good. But the price is far more that I am willing to pay. So I guess I will keep looking. Do you happen to remember the name of the food court?

It's the Far East Plaza...when exiting the hotel turn left and take the elevated walkway that runs across Scott's Road.

We opted to include the buffet breakfast when we stayed at the Royal Plaza..for just a few $'s more...I got a great deal so it was well worth it to us and it was yummy.

Also there is a food court down in the MRT too...a Pizza Hut nearby and even a McDonalds upstairs by the movie theater and one on Orchard Road...all just out side the hotel all a quick easy walk. You'll also find walking up to the corner and turning left on Orchard Road many other options and the Lucky Plaza also has a food court.

However I would be wrong not to suggest you take the MRT (quick and easy) to Lau Pa Sat (Google this to see what you might be missing)...the night time street food starts at 6:00pm and their famous for the best Satay ever !!!. It was so good we went there 2 nights..it's a must for anyone visiting Singapore !!!!

We loved this hotel and location and will definitely stay there again. Enjoy !

Edited by Ashland

It's the Far East Plaza...when exiting the hotel turn left and take the elevated walkway that runs across Scott's Road.

We opted to include the buffet breakfast when we stayed at the Royal Plaza..for just a few $'s more...I got a great deal so it was well worth it to us and it was yummy.

Also there is a food court down in the MRT too...a Pizza Hut nearby and even a McDonalds upstairs by the movie theater and one on Orchard Road...all just out side the hotel all a quick easy walk. You'll also find walking up to the corner and turning left on Orchard Road many other options and the Lucky Plaza also has a food court.

However I would be wrong not to suggest you take the MRT (quick and easy) to Lau Pa Sat (Google this to see what you might be missing)...the night time street food starts at 6:00pm and their famous for the best Satay ever !!!. It was so good we went there 2 nights..it's a must for anyone visiting Singapore !!!!

We loved this hotel and location and will definitely stay there again. Enjoy !

Thanks for the info on the plazas. I think with us just having the one evening and most likely jet lagged we will stay close to the hotel as tempting as Lau Pa Sat sounds (I Googled :)). I remember something similar in the late 70s. I was in the US Navy then and a taxi driver took three of us to a parking lot in the financial district where food vendors set up shop in the evening. The one we stopped at had one little table and two rickety stools but serve some of the best curry I have had in my life. Sounds like the same thing 40 years later but nicely expanded. :D

Thanks for the info on the plazas. I think with us just having the one evening and most likely jet lagged we will stay close to the hotel as tempting as Lau Pa Sat sounds (I Googled :)). I remember something similar in the late 70s. I was in the US Navy then and a taxi driver took three of us to a parking lot in the financial district where food vendors set up shop in the evening. The one we stopped at had one little table and two rickety stools but serve some of the best curry I have had in my life. Sounds like the same thing 40 years later but nicely expanded. :D

You're very welcome...Maybe next time you'll be able to make your way to Lau Pa Sat.

I'm sure you'll find something near by for this quick one night visit...the hotel is in a great location....Enjoy !

You're very welcome...Maybe next time you'll be able to make your way to Lau Pa Sat.

I'm sure you'll find something near by for this quick one night visit...the hotel is in a great location....Enjoy !

If we can Uber we may still make it there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you are willing to walk as far as Lucky Plaza I would recommend you try Ion Orchard instead. There is a foodcourt in the basement there if that's what you want, but you will do much better browsing through their food street until you see something you like. On the upper floors (there are 4 levels below ground!) you will find pricier restaurants but most will still be about half the price of eating at the hotel.

An alternative to Lau Pa Sat nearer to your hotel is Newton hawker centre but if you want to try something truly local head to Adam Road hawker centre where they have good satay as well as Roti Prata and Indian Rojak.

If you are willing to walk as far as Lucky Plaza I would recommend you try Ion Orchard instead. There is a foodcourt in the basement there if that's what you want, but you will do much better browsing through their food street until you see something you like. On the upper floors (there are 4 levels below ground!) you will find pricier restaurants but most will still be about half the price of eating at the hotel.

An alternative to Lau Pa Sat nearer to your hotel is Newton hawker centre but if you want to try something truly local head to Adam Road hawker centre where they have good satay as well as Roti Prata and Indian Rojak.

Neither of these (JMHO) can compare to Lau Pa Sat for their "nighttime" street extravaganza .... well worth the short trip there from the hotel by MTR or cheap taxi.

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the Hilton (581 orchard) around the corner in 2012 and walked down to the food court at 313@somerset mall. Not as good as the hawkers but air conditioned and in doors we ate there a couple of times.

As of my friends from Singapore says, the lines don't lie. The longer the line at a hawker the better the food.