8-23-12 Thursday Weigh-In...Anyone Home?

Belle

Where have all the good people gone in this thread

All have good vacations and now the scale you dread

I know there is still good people in here

But still missing all the other good dears

Need everyone in here each week you know

Helps us all to talk so our diet we don't blow

What is everyone going to do this week

To get off pounds you seek

More exercise in the gym or on your floor

Always can run or walk one you go out the door

Water they say our bodies really need each day

How do you get it all in..tell us your way

Now food is a big deal

None of us want to miss a meal

Do you write down what you eat by hand

Or use one of the sites on the internet with a plan

Whatever you want to do to lose weight and your double chin

We're all here to support you..through thick and thin

Good morning, Belle. I missed last weeks weigh-in. My DH was very sick and had to go to the hospital. He is still pretty sick, but he is home and getting better. We also had a health scare with my four month old granddaughter. It was a false alarm, but it was a very bad week until we found out that she was okay.

I stayed the same over the last two weeks. I know that does not sound like a good thing, but since I fluctuated between not eating at all to eating all the wrong things, I am ok with staying the same.

I hope that everyone had a good week and will post some losses.

Rose

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice ditty! I think my losses recently are because of the exercises I'm doing to get my knee back to normal.

Rose ~ sorry to hear of your family illnesses. Hope DH gets better soon.

I lost 2.2 of the 4 lbs I gained last week for a grand total of 24 lbs since July 2011.

DH asked me if I'll be gaining 10 lbs on my 14 day cruise next month. I sure hope NOT!!

Have a good week!

~ Jo ~ :)

Good Morning,

I stayed the same, again. Down 2 lbs. still so far for the challenge. I'm down 5 lbs. since last November though so that is good.

Basically, I've run out of time to lose before my cruise on Sept. 2nd. Good thing my capris are a bt loose.

Rose, sorry to hear of the family health issues. Glad things are better.

Belle, thanks for the poem and everyone have a great week. Diana

Not weighing myself, but my dress did fit for my son's wedding on Saturday. (It was a beautiful day, a fantastic wedding ... and I had all my brothers & sisters here --- can't ask for more) :)

I have a cruise in three weeks and realy want to get back on the band wagon ... but if not then after the cruise.

Have a wonderful week all. Jan

PS - Belle, love the poem ... hope all is well with you and your family.

Rose..So sorry about your husband

and grandaughter.

Sorry he was in the hospital and still

sick. Know how hard that is for him and

you. Sending prayers and good wishes your way.

Then to have the scare of the grandaughter.

That's to much in one week. Congrats on not gaining.

Jo..Hope your knee is getting better. Any

exercise is better than none. So hard not to

gain on a cruise but usually that weight comes off

fast. Best cruise is one that you come back as

"stayed the same"..no gains.

Diana..Stay the same is not a gain..to be that's good.

It's good that you have a loss since Nov...no gains.

You sail the day after my birthday. Have a drink for me.

How is your husband doing?

Jan..Glad the wedding was perfect. Bet you looked beautiful

in your dress. Nice your sisters and bothers came. A Great

Family day! A cruise in three weeks!

Why is it when we're going on a cruise that most times it's

hard to watch our diet a few weeks before? Because we

know we're going eat and drink..even if we try to be GOOD!

Well things aren't going to well here. Mother has had a setback.

Can't stand or walk. Hope it's just a infection. Taking meds..

please pray that's what it is and she gets better. She ate tonight

which is good..we hope. She has to be fed because she is shaking

to much. Not her heart...thankgoodness.

Husband the same, that won't change except get worse.

But holding for now. That's good.

So I'm happy to say stayed the same. Didn't gain. Have to

get over stress eating. I will overcome it. .......

"Come Hell OR High Water"! Hey where did that saying

come from..surprise my self with what comes from my brain!!LOL

Everyone have a good weekend.

Thanks for all your well wishes. DH is much better now and granddaughter is perfect.

Jan..congratulations on your son's wedding. So happy to hear that you had a great day. I am sure that you are really looking forward to your cruise.

Diana and Jo...you are both leaving so soon on cruises. I hope that you have a great time.

Belle...hang in there. I wish that your DH could get better but I am glad that he is staying the same and not getting worse.

Have a great weekend all.

Rose

Hello to all here. I am fairly new to this thread. When do you weigh in and post about it? I would like to join you if I may.

I started changing the way I eat on April 1st and as of today I have lost 60 pounds. I have cut way down on carbs. I don't write down what I eat just watch it now. Our cruise is in 39 days and I'd like to lose at least 20 more.

Rose..Thank You Glad your DH is better.

Know your grandaughter is perfect! :)

Whitecloud..We all have our bad days.

Still helps to cone in to get back on track.

You can do it!

Kakalina..Welcome! We weigh on Thursdays.

Just have to say if..lost..gained or stayed

the same. Helps keep us accountable.

Sounds like your doing great!

Man, I'm sorry to hear of all of the troubles on this thread this week :( Hopefully everyone will be back to full health soon.

Kakalina - welcome to the thread. Great job so far, I'm envious! I can't imagine how awesome it must feel to have lost 60 pounds! Great job!

As for me - well I went back up a little bit this week. 184.6 -- I kindof expected it as I had a few really bad eating days in that week where I went way over my calorie budget.

However, it's a new week. I'm still down from starting at 193.3 so, I'll take it.

This morning, well, I just had a need to weigh myself and i was 182.9 -- so I hope maybe I'll be back on track for the next weigh in!

I've been feeling under the weather the past 3 days myself - not sure if it's allergies, or what, but I've had a sore throat for 3 days (from a drip i suspect) and I've been very sore/weak overall - but nothing seems to be progressing so it could be a seasonal something. At least I hope that's all it is.

Here's a healthier week for us all!

Hi everyone - I am a yo-yo dieter who would like to join your group if I may (even though I am a day late starting this week) as I really need to get back on track.

Last summer I lost 20lbs, but put 24lbs back on over the winter. I was semi-retired and told myself I was eating from boredom, but then again when I was working I used the stress of the job as my reason for over-eating, so I can always find an excuse!!wink.gif

My next cruise is over a year away, so I have plenty of time, if I can just knuckle down now and get started. You all seem to be doing so well, and I know I will be inspired by your success to get my act together.smile.gif

Welcome Suzy.

Glad to have you with us.

You can do it..be thinner for your cruise!

Aria..Hope your feeling better.

Great you lost a few pounds yesterday.

See we can never give up!

My mother is doing better. The meds are

working.

Hope everyone else and their familys

are well or are getting better.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will try to remember Thursdays.

I have, for me, some great news. I had to buy a pair of black slacks for my cruise as nothing of mine fits anymore. While I was there I saw some way cute sun dresses on sale, deep sale. Not Womens clothes though just Misses. So I took two in a size 16 and they fit!!!! Actually fit. I had to get a 16 in the slacks also. This time last year I was in a size 28. No kidding.

I am so happy. I still need to lose 40 more pounds to reach my perfect weight by the charts.

Belle, I hope your Mom is doing better.

Aria, (What a pretty name) hope you are doing better, great job on the pounds lost.

Suzy, Glad I am not the only "new kid".

I have, for me, some great news. I had to buy a pair of black slacks for my cruise as nothing of mine fits anymore. While I was there I saw some way cute sun dresses on sale, deep sale. Not Womens clothes though just Misses. So I took two in a size 16 and they fit!!!! Actually fit. I had to get a 16 in the slacks also. This time last year I was in a size 28. No kidding.

I am so happy. I still need to lose 40 more pounds to reach my perfect weight by the charts.

Belle, I hope your Mom is doing better.

Aria, (What a pretty name) hope you are doing better, great job on the pounds lost.

Suzy, Glad I am not the only "new kid".

OMG we must be cosmic sisters or something.

I went shopping on friday night....and I did the unthinkable. I went into a NON PLUS SIZE store and I tried on pants! I wanted to cry a little. I bought 2 pair of size 16 pants from NY and Co. I haven't made a purchase at that store in probably 15 years.

I never got too high in size - my highest was a loose 20, but still. I can wear size 14s at Lane Bryant or size 16 at NY and Co (though admittedly they are a tiny tiny bit more hugging on me than i'm used to -- which isn't necessary a bad thing, i'm just used to all my clothes falling off of me since they are mostly size 18 and way too big now lol).

I considered it a small victory that day that I got into a non-woman's size. Here's hoping the trend continues, and that someday, I can wear shirts from non womens sizes. It's amazing how many regular stores there are that I've had to pass by due to my weight. I'm sick of it!

Aria: We may be at that. It's too funny. Congratulations; it is so hard to get and stay at a normal weight for so many of us.

I too, have looked longingly at cute, cute clothes that wouldn't fit on one thigh let alone my overstretched body! That's why I was so thrilled at these dresses. They are cute. Even though I am an old lady I don't want to wear old lady prints and always stretchy fabrics.

I bought two pair of capris that did NOT have an elastic waistband. What a moment!

Welcome to the newcomers. Always nice to have more people.

Congrats on the smaller clothing size victories.

Belle, my hubby is doing ok with his torn achilles tendon, hobbling but he's at least mobile using a cane. We packed for our cruise yesterday. Yeah!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Diana

Last Summer Holiday is here

Are you going to celebrate with a beer

If you do..make sure it's lite

Want to have a "losing" weekend with all your might

If your lucky and have three days off to play

Don't eat all the snacky foods plus a bag of Lays

Getting together with family and friends is neat

Forget the high carb foods and sweets..eat meat

Water is good..keeps you full

But remember don't pee in the pool

Archived