Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Cunard Line (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Can you pre order alcohol before your cruise? (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2624782)

smarks April 16th, 2018 02:32 AM

Can you pre order alcohol before your cruise?

Hi fellow cruisers, I am new to Cunard and would like to know if I can pre-order a bottle of alcohol for our cabin to consume while on our balcony? If so, is there a phone number to call? Thanks for any replies.

BigMac1953 April 16th, 2018 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarks (Post 55849164)
Hi fellow cruisers, I am new to Cunard and would like to know if I can pre-order a bottle of alcohol for our cabin to consume while on our balcony? If so, is there a phone number to call? Thanks for any replies.

In the UK, on the VP, there is a list of items that you can order, including wine packages, single bottles for your room etc., but you have to call them and pay up front.

Stewart

Tangoqueen April 16th, 2018 05:15 AM

You could just take a bottle on with you in your hand luggage too

Sent from my iPad using Forums

smarks April 16th, 2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMac1953 (Post 55849213)
In the UK, on the VP, there is a list of items that you can order, including wine packages, single bottles for your room etc., but you have to call them and pay up front.

Stewart

Thank you Stewart for the reply. I'm from the US. I will go back and look again. I'm still learning to navigate Cunards website.

smarks April 16th, 2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangoqueen (Post 55849446)
You could just take a bottle on with you in your hand luggage too

Thank you Tangoqueen for the reply. Are you allowed to take a bottle of liquor onboard? Thanks.

bluemarble April 16th, 2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarks (Post 55851686)
Thank you Stewart for the reply. I'm from the US. I will go back and look again. I'm still learning to navigate Cunards website.

In the voyage personliser, information about what you may pre-order is found within the link called "Little Luxuries" near the upper right corner on the home page.

Within the "Little Luxuries" page, you should see a section called "Reds, Whites & Sparkling" which lists the wines you may pre-order. There is also a section called "The Wine Packages Collection - Create Your Own Collection" for wine packages you may pre-order. The number that's given to call and place your order in the US is the main Cunard customer service number 1-800-728-6273.

BigMac1953 April 16th, 2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarks (Post 55851709)
Thank you Tangoqueen for the reply. Are you allowed to take a bottle of liquor onboard? Thanks.

You can take as much liquor as you can carry, for consumption in your room, otherwise you pay $20 corkage in the MDR.

Stewart

smarks April 18th, 2018 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMac1953 (Post 55852254)
You can take as much liquor as you can carry, for consumption in your room, otherwise you pay $20 corkage in the MDR.

Stewart

Thank you BigMac1953. This is what I needed to know. If I could bring a bottle of Crown Royal onboard or if I could order it, if not. I would also like to order some water and soft drinks. Can I bring them onboard also or do I need to order them. All I have found is wine which neither my husband or I drink. Thank you again.

Sandra

Tangoqueen April 18th, 2018 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarks (Post 55851709)

Yes Smarks you can take alcohol for consumption in your cabin, and non alcoholic drinks too. So long as itís legal you can take it without problem.

BigMac1953 April 18th, 2018 06:35 AM

On two occasions, we've been allowed to drink our own Veuve in public areas without corkage charges.

On a particular ship, in an outside bar, I asked the bar manager if it would be noticed if we brought along our own bottle for the sail away. We were told "no problem" followed by "I'll get the glasses and wine bucket ready for you". We have known this person for a number of years and they did get a tip.

Stewart

smarks April 18th, 2018 10:05 AM

Thank you again BigMac1953. You have been a big help. My husband will really appreciate it when he is on the balcony drinking a crown and ginger.

Sandra

smarks April 18th, 2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangoqueen (Post 55866867)
Yes Smarks you can take alcohol for consumption in your cabin, and non alcoholic drinks too. So long as itís legal you can take it without problem.

Thank you tangoqueen, your reply is very helpful.

smarks April 18th, 2018 10:12 AM

Thank you everybody for all the replies and links you have shared with me. I'm sure I will be asking more questions in the future. It's great to have knowledgeable people willing to share information with this old gal. Thanks again.