solo cruise on NCL spirit?

glittergal1

I like the look of the med and Canaries cruise March 2013 with NCL has anyone been on a NCL as a solo cruiser? I dont want to be solo on the cruise all the time I would hate eating alone so how do you meet other solo travellers and is there a website anywhere that other solo travellers post on?

It is a smaller ship...simply fab...

Join the Roll Call for your sail date and you will meet lots of people

I never ate one meal alone...mingled every night, watched the shows and shared lots of laughs with people from all walks of life.

Enjoy it

AJ

Fantastic ship. Sailed solo twice on the Spirit with the last one being the TA taking it to Barcelona. As AJ said, join the roll call....it really does make all the difference. In the main dining room, always ask to be seated at a "sharing table"...DO NOT let them seat you alone....unless that's what you want. If you don't have a problem with gays, go to the LGBT gathering and introduce yourself and let them know that you are straight but you are traveling solo and have heard how much fun they are.....most of all of my gay friends I have met on cruises....and they are a blast to be around. Plus, I usually have dancing partners...LOL.....Go to karaoke, if you don't sing, just go and watch.

As far as it being so expensive to cruise solo...yeah, it is....however, keep checking the prices every few days....until your final payment, your fare can be reduced down.....Good luck

I like the look of the med and Canaries cruise March 2013 with NCL has anyone been on a NCL as a solo cruiser? I dont want to be solo on the cruise all the time I would hate eating alone so how do you meet other solo travellers and is there a website anywhere that other solo travellers post on?

Hi, I've been a couple of times solo with NCL and going again in January. Met a few people onboard to hang out with, mostly by chance to be honest but like you, not too keen on eating alone at dinner so it was good to have people to eat with.

I'm not a social butterfly by any matter of means and don't hang out in the bars etc but do try and join in some of activities onboard. The bar scene I would do with someone but feel a bit uneasy doing it solo.

:)

I am now looking at Thomson in July I thought at least there would be more English speakers on board and I can fly from my local airport , the only thing stopping me is the position of the single cabins they all seem to be in very noisy places and I am a light sleeper .why do all lines stick the singles in the worse places?

Archived