Which tour would you choose in Naples?

Which tour would you choose in Naples?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which tour would you choose in Naples?

• Gennaro Ruocco (sorrentolimo.com)
    • Marcello Maresca (seesorrento.com)
    • Salvatore Lucibello (*****)

We recently booked Salvatore waaaaaay ahead for our September 23, 2006 Med/Greek Isles tour. After much research we are finding out that people are booking private tours extremely early so we wanted to be ahead of the pack. :D

We had an excellent experience with Sorrentolimo for the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. Our driver was very interesting and modfified the route based on our interests. In addition they provided a minivan for the 3 of us so were were able to reduce expenses when we found some other passengers willing to share with us.

Andym,

I've done both ways and believe me Marcello's way is better. If you were going to be in Naples for a few days I'd say doing it yourself is a great option, but for a port stop you can't beat having a private guide. (Marcello) Been there, done that many times.

Mary,

I agree if planning to visit Sorrento for example, but some folks hire a private guide for just Pompeii. this is not cool. the driver cannot guide you around the excavations and he will spend most of the day sat around waiting for you.

Further afield and a private driver may be worth it.

Andy

Well, just yesterday we confirmed a booking with Drive Amalfi. Salavtore was not available so we asked for Roberto who came recommended on another thread. We will be going to Pompeii, Sorrento, Poisitano and driving the Amalfi Coast. Our group of 4 much prefers the private driver rather than the limitations of a busload of people (no offense intended to those who choose this route). Plus having only the one day in port we want to see as much as possible.

Archived