Cove Balcony or Upper Decks

BuyRiteTV

Have been on many Carnival cruises and never on the Breeze. Most of the time on the upper or verandah deck. How are the cove balconies? Should i stay with the upper balconies or try the cove location Thanks 8-25-2013 Breeze

I had a cove on the Dream a few years ago. I just booked the Dream for Jan1 and I booked an upper deck balcony. I didn't care for it because of all the steel. To me it felt like I was in a shipping container trailer. Other people like them. The only way you will know for sure is for you to try one.

We've done both. On the upper decks on Breeze (and Dream) you look down on Deck 5 which encircles the entire ship. Deck 6 and 7 are very close, you can hear conversations and if you are unlucky enough to be near the hot tubs, the drunks can get pretty rowdy. Just something to consider. Not much privacy either. We did a cove last time on Breeze and did a lot of research with pictures on the web to find a room (2309) that was in between the lifeboats so we had a little sun and didn't feel quite so closed in. We enjoy seeing JUST the water, not people below. Being so close to the water was fantastic. Plus you could, shall we say, not worry about your wardrobe while on the balcony:eek:

The only negative I have heard from fellow cruisers is that if there are rough seas, they will not allow you to go out on your cove balcony because of the close proximity to the ocean.

Those doors are rarely closed. You are higher up than you would think.

I'm having a hard time deciding too. We are sailing during the peak of hurricane season though and would be very disappointed if we couldn't use our balcony to get some fresh air.

Also I think we'd prefer to be higher up with easier access by stairs to the Lido and Promenade decks.

DH wants to splurge and get a Spa Balcony which is quite a bit more expensive. Would deck 8 be far enough from the Promenade not to notice it too much?

I feel the same way, KitKat. Since we are cruising during Hurricane season, we do not want to take the chance of rough seas and losing the ability to go out on a balcony all together. But I am very curious about the cove balconies so next cruise NOT during hurricane season, we'll try one if they are available.

I'm having a hard time deciding too. We are sailing during the peak of hurricane season though and would be very disappointed if we couldn't use our balcony to get some fresh air.

Also I think we'd prefer to be higher up with easier access by stairs to the Lido and Promenade decks.

Two years ago, we had a cove balcony on the Dream - they closed the balcony door for less than 24 hours as we skirted Tropical Storm Maria on our way to St. Thomas.

We loved our cove balcony - have another booked this September and in January. But if you are a sun-worshipper you won't like it as much. It is shaded and feels secluded.

Had 8 or so regular balcs. We`ve done coves on the last two cruzs. Love em!

This is about the only conditions that they close the hatch doors:

cruise-ship-massive-waves.jpg

What The!!!!! What a great picture!!!! When/where was it taken?

I guess I can't show this photo next time I try to talk someone into cruising!!! lol :)

Archived