Cozumel Bar Hop - off ship excursions?

NiceAunt

I've read a lot of reviews of a Cozumel Bar Hop. We are sailing on RC Allure of the Seas in a few weeks and they do not have a Cozumel Bar Hop on the ship excursions. Does anyone know of any independent ones that are reputable? thanks!

I've read a lot of reviews of a Cozumel Bar Hop. We are sailing on RC Allure of the Seas in a few weeks and they do not have a Cozumel Bar Hop on the ship excursions. Does anyone know of any independent ones that are reputable? thanks!

It can only be booked directly

http://cozumelbarhop.com/

Web site is very good and be sure to read FAQ to answer all your questions.

Book directly with above website. You won't be sorry. This is a great time, away from the huge cruise ship crowds. Staff is great, they watch your time for you, so you can get silly and not care. The bars they take you to are awesome, very fun day.

THE Cozumel Bar Hop that is listed above is the one to do. Absolutely a blast. You get to see the majority of the island, spend time on the "wild" prettier side of the island, experience some really fun beach bars & restaurants and meet some fun people. If you are not friends when you start....you will be by the time they drop you off at your ship!!

I highly endorse the Bar Hop, however, do NOT try to drink the extra large Margarita at the third stop by yourself. It gets awful expensive tipping all the different people to carry you back to the ship.

The "Tsunami"!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Will they allow kids? I know website says no but they will do something private. Our 10 year old will be with us. If these are bars on the beach he will be fine, we can bring a Frisbee and either his iPad or 3DS and he'll be in heaven. Plus he keeps us in check, he's older than his years and won't hesitate to tell us to slow down. I'd be more concerned about everyone else making a fool of themselves and him seeing that.

Will they allow kids? I know website says no but they will do something private. Our 10 year old will be with us. If these are bars on the beach he will be fine, we can bring a Frisbee and either his iPad or 3DS and he'll be in heaven. Plus he keeps us in check, he's older than his years and won't hesitate to tell us to slow down. I'd be more concerned about everyone else making a fool of themselves and him seeing that.

He will not be allowed on the regular your. You would need to book a private group of your own party. If you have 10 people maybe you can arrange a kid's Hop/ beach Hop (maybe get people from your roll call to join you?).

http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/tours.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

I would not bring my kids on this tour and I wouldn't have appreciated a fellow hopper bringing a kid either.

Except for the first stop, there is no beach area to play, and the other stops are adult oriented. One featured bras and panties hanging from the roof and offered a "special photo album" of topless guests. The male bar staff wore aprons and would be more than happy to show you what they had underneath (fake). It was great fun and we laughed a lot, but I would have been horrified to have my kids with me and embarrassed for parents who walked into this unaware.

My review of our tour is in the following thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48409242#post48409242

We are returning to Cozumel this summer, with our kids this time, and will probably return to Chankanaab. However, a taxi to Punta Morena, the first stop, would be a great choice for families.

Edited by cyntil8ing
Fix link to review

I would not bring my kids on this tour and I wouldn't have appreciated a fellow hopper bringing a kid either.

Except for the first stop, there is no beach area to play, and the other stops are adult oriented. One featured bras and panties hanging from the roof and offered a "special photo album" of topless guests. The male bar staff wore aprons and would be more than happy to show you what they had underneath (fake). It was great fun and we laughed a lot, but I would have been horrified to have my kids with me and embarrassed for parents who walked into this unaware.

My review of our tour is in the following thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48409242#post48409242

We are returning to Cozumel this summer, with our kids this time, and will probably return to Chankanaab. However, a taxi to Punta Morena, the first stop, would be a great choice for families.

They actually do a Kids Hop that stops at Punta Morena, Chen Rio and Paradise Beach on the SW side. Might be an option for us. We'll see. . .thanks for the reply.

They actually do a Kids Hop that stops at Punta Morena, Chen Rio and Paradise Beach on the SW side. Might be an option for us. We'll see. . .thanks for the reply.

That was the tour I linked above

(http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/tours.aspx)

It was something Tom tried but unfortunately I have only heard of it running during school holidays and have never read a review. (The website says, tour unavailable.)

Personally I think it could be a great tour with kids - be sure to report back if you manage to book it and decide to try it. This tour visits beaches with plenty of room to run around or with activities, unlike the original tour and gives the adults a chance to sample the east side and maybe you will want to return at a later date.