Market near Seattle cruise terminal

coolkayan

Hello,

I am wondering, is there any market or convenient store that is walking distance from Seattle's cruise terminal? I am flying into Seattle the morning of the cruise, and would like to pick up some snacks/drinks for my child before cruising. Thanks!

Hello,

I am wondering, is there any market or convenient store that is walking distance from Seattle's cruise terminal? I am flying into Seattle the morning of the cruise, and would like to pick up some snacks/drinks for my child before cruising. Thanks!

There are two cruise terminals; which one are you using?

Hello,

I sailed on Princess Sapphire last August from Pier 91 and I do not remember anything/anywhere to shop at or walk to from the passenger drop off area. We were on a shuttle from the (6th Ave.) Sheraton, it was a long drive to the pier and after we took the pier exit from the freeway it was a quite a distance to the taxi/shuttle area - all very industrial area. If I was you, I would buy my snacks before leaving the airport or contact your transportation company and see if they are willing to make a special stop at a store before taking you to the pier. I suppose if it's a taxi, they'll stop for you, but you'll be paying extra with the meter running, while you're shopping - doesn't really seem worth it. Have a fun trip!

Thanks for the info Chilkoot and 2manybags lady! They are helpful! Besides buying food for my child, I'm in need of bottled water before boarding. I'm very picky about water and drinks lot of water! Don't know how many I can haul for half a mile from Whole Food! :)

It's not a very "walker friendly" area, although fairly close. Whole Foods is more of a specialty grocery store so prices will be better in other locations for water. We used to stop and pick up a case of water but stopped doing that after being convinced the ship's water is as good as the bottled stuff.

It's not a very "walker friendly" area, although fairly close. Whole Foods is more of a specialty grocery store so prices will be better in other locations for water. We used to stop and pick up a case of water but stopped doing that after being convinced the ship's water is as good as the bottled stuff.

I remember it not being "walker friendly" at all, as in only asphalt, lots of vehicles, people and the ship in the immediate area and I can't even recall seeing the Whole Foods store you are referring to being within 1/2 mile, but we weren't needing to stop before boarding.

coolkayan - are you traveling alone with your child and also bringing carry-on luggage or bags in addition to bags going straight to your stateroom because I just can't remember anywhere in that immediate area where you can easily walk to with a child, luggage, a case of water, snacks, etc. In my memory it seemed like just a shipyard, not a tourist port - no hotels, no restaurants, no amenities, nothing available without driving in/out of a huge parking lot area past a manned guardshack.

If you take a taxi or a car service from the airport to T91, it probably won't add much to the meter to have the driver stop in the Whole Foods lot while you run in and pick up a few things.

There are a couple of supermarkets that would not be a huge detour for a taxi between the airport and T91, but nothing at all walkable from the cruise terminal itself.

Hello,

I'm not sure how you are getting to the port from the airport, but the car companies that I have looked for our transfer would charge $10 for a stop up to 15 minutes. The lady recommended a Safeway. I don't know if that helps.

Thanks for the info Chilkoot and 2manybags lady! They are helpful! Besides buying food for my child, I'm in need of bottled water before boarding. I'm very picky about water and drinks lot of water! Don't know how many I can haul for half a mile from Whole Food! :)

We were wondering that too. I'm really picky about water too. Any taste to it and I don't like it at all. However, we decided to buy some Brita bottles and just use the ship water. the brita filter is right inside the bottle.

http://www.brita.com/products/filtering-bottle/brita-bottle-aqua/

Archived