Tracy's King Crab Shack & Gold Creek Salmon Bake - Juneau

HeatherC430

I just watched on BRAVO last night a Top Chefs espisode that shows Tracy's King Crab Shack & Gold Creek Salmon Bake in Juneau. It's currently on my cable's on demand as well - episode 14 Kings of Alaska.

I thought it might be worth mentioning to others who are researching Juneau.

We enjoyed watching this and found it interesting how they would be creative in preparing seafood. It does show some good shots of Tracy's and the Salmon Bake.

This is a lighter article about the judges experience in one of the Juneau bars that was in the Anchorage Daily News last weekend:

"AND THE PROBLEM IS? ... One of the better cooking shows, "Top Chef," showed up in Juneau for its last episode of the season. A couple of the judges have blogged on bravotv.com about their experience in our beloved Capital City, including the following post by Chef Hugh Acheson:"Sean (Brock) and I made it a point to go to all the bars in Juneau that locals told us not to go to. Should have listened to the locals, as the Lucky Lady has no luck, no ladies, and is about the strangest-smelling drinking hole on the planet. It smells like Lysol covering a crime."

Tracy's......Yum!!!!

Wrecked us for life-had to find a homebrew clone for Alaska Amber & BIG crab legs!

thank you Tracy's!

Ordered King Crab Bisque from their website and tried it last night. Wow! They have it on sale and I would definitely recommend. Will try there crab legs when we visit late this summer

Dave

I too received my 3 packets of Tracy's Bisque that she has on sale on her website just yesterday - great bargain at $30 for three pouches and free shipping! I've had the pleasure of eating at Tracy's in Juneau on two different occassions, so I know what I'm in for with this bisque...anticipation is half the fun:D.

Enjoy it Dave - savor every bite, and make sure you beat feet to Tracy's while in Juneau - you won't be disappointed.

I too received my 3 packets of Tracy's Bisque that she has on sale on her website just yesterday - great bargain at $30 for three pouches and free shipping! I've had the pleasure of eating at Tracy's in Juneau on two different occassions, so I know what I'm in for with this bisque...anticipation is half the fun:D.

Enjoy it Dave - savor every bite, and make sure you beat feet to Tracy's while in Juneau - you won't be disappointed.

Is each packet one or two servings? I was tempted but at $10 a serving, held off.... Though would splurge while I was there, no doubt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is each packet one or two servings? I was tempted but at $10 a serving, held off.... Though would splurge while I was there, no doubt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We got two servings from one package! The timing of delivery was perfect as a Valentine present for my wife.

Dave

Ours too, was a Valentine's Day dinner for my DH and I. I served it over steamed rice, which is how my niece's fiance' ordered it when we were at Tracy's in 2011. I'm more a purist, like eating it straight up, but he gave me a taste and it was to die for. So that is what we did. And yes, we actually got 2 1/2 servings from the packet by putting it on the rice. I'm finishing it up as I type this - yum! Glad you ordered rachelfran! Enjoy!

Can you buy the packets of bisque at their restaurant? Be nice to take home with us.

The pouch is 16oz and frozen. You would not be able to get it home. The $30 for 3 pouches with free delivery is inexpensive. The shipping had to cost them 1/2-3/4 of the total charge.

Check their website and you will find this is quite a good promotion for the product.

Dave

Archived