How Does The Yacht Club Compare with a Luxury Cruiseline?

bamelin

I'm curious for those of you who have sailed in the Yacht Club, and also taken a Luxury Cruise on Regent/Seabourne/Windstar/Crystal/Silverseas

How does MSC's Yacht Club experience stack up/compare against the luxury cruiselines?

I have not cruises any of the luxury lines but several times in the YC and have one cruise booked as well. The product is very good. The ships, staff, service, food and the total atmosphere make the YC very special. In addition you have a whole ship outside the YC haven to explore which most of the luxury lines don't have.

On our YC cruise on the MSC Fantasia two years ago we met an American couple who had been on a Silversea cruise the week before. They said that the two products are very comparable and they were a mostly similar cruise experience.

That said, many of the small luxury ships looks very nice too :)

Good luck in your choice.

I have sailed in the Yacht Club and also on Regent, which you can read about on my homepage below. YC is very good, as Norwegian Cruiser said. We were very satisfied with both cruises. Cruises with Regent have become very expensive and you may compere the cost, what you get for the money. I Think that I feel more luxury in YC than Regent.

Done suites on all the luxury lines. Did the Divina in Euope last summer in YC and leave for Italy tomorrow for a pre land trip and then the YC on the Preziosa. I will do a complete review like I did last year. Apples to apples what you pay for MSC YC compared to Regent is a no brainier. You could so two weeks on MSC for 7 day vs competition. I am very interested to see how this new ship plays out and how the cabin size feels with the addition of our son this year. That would be my main complaint only two Royal suites.

Done suites on all the luxury lines. Did the Divina in Euope last summer in YC and leave for Italy tomorrow for a pre land trip and then the YC on the Preziosa. I will do a complete review like I did last year. Apples to apples what you pay for MSC YC compared to Regent is a no brainier. You could so two weeks on MSC for 7 day vs competition. I am very interested to see how this new ship plays out and how the cabin size feels with the addition of our son this year. That would be my main complaint only two Royal suites.

Even though I travel solo I always take one of the YC2 Executive suites - 12004 must be my favorite, separate shower to the bath, double basin and a very comfortable 51 sqm; but yes, no balcony.

Archived