Getting to Mallorca...economically...is it possible?

B&J1

I am just in the investigational phase for a repositioning cruise that departs from Mallorca & disembarks in Panama in Oct/Nov 2011. When doing a brief search on airfare, from the states (las Vegas) to Mallorca, is close to $2000 usd. & that's a deal breaker. Is it less expensive to fly into...say Barcelona then find another flight or ferry to Mallorca? Or, can someone suggest an airline that is cheaper......even if it's not out of Las Vegas I may be able to find a cheap flight to somewhere on the east coast. Any suggestions or constructive comments are appreciated.

Thx

Brian

Hello Brian

I go to Mallorca quite often and always take a low-cost carrier from either Bristol or one of the big London airports. Not many transatlantic flights go to Bristol but there must be quite a few from Vegas or the US into Heathrow or Gatwick from where you could get another to Palma. We usually use EasyJet (Bristol or Gatwick, not LHR) but there are others (Monarch for example)

EasyJet schedules and fares won't be available for a few months yet but you'll probably get that bit of the trip for around £50 if you book early enough. But even that is a 2 hour flight so with all the usual hassles it will add 4/5 hours to the journey after the long flight from the US.

Mallorca is a lovely island. I don't know if you were thinking of getting there a day before the cruise, but if you do there's a fair bit to see

although it obviously won't be as hot in Oct/Nov as it appears in that vid (mid-May)

Hope it all works out

Tony

You guys from UK have to take into account the new APD increase which hoiks up the prices. The OP could consider using another European hub, perhaps Amsterdam to Palma. AirBerlin and Transavia are two that come up on a quick search.

Archived