Parking in Vancouver

Ok...yes I am from the Vancouver area, but live outside of the city ...county bumpkins.

Anyhow...does anyone know of cheaper parking in the area for the week...I find it difficult to spend $184 for our vehicle to just sit there !! That could be a few cocktails :p!!! Unfortunately friends and family all work that day and I will be bringing a walker so luggage is a bit of an issue....

We are looking at leaving a vehicle nearer town at a friend place and taking a taxi, but would prefer not to do this.

We just may have to accept this as our transportation cost...we know many have to fly here or into Seattle so we really should not complain.

Thanks

Parking at CP is a rip I don't know how you got a deal @ 184. :D My stab at their pricing tool came out to 185.98 for a week.

A big increase since cruise park went down prior to last season.

Sorry I have no better info myself but I'm sure our local intown guys will have a better reply for you. Some lots around nearby are indeed cheaper from what I have read before but I am not sure of exactly where they are and of course there is a security issue.

good luck

Parking at CP is a rip I don't know how you got a deal @ 184. :D My stab at their pricing tool came out to 185.98 for a week.

A big increase since cruise park went down prior to last season.

Sorry I have no better info myself but I'm sure our local intown guys will have a better reply for you. Some lots around nearby are indeed cheaper from what I have read before but I am not sure of exactly where they are and of course there is a security issue.

good luck

LOL..your price is exact... I was trying to be nice...............NOT

It is a rip off...we parked there a few years ago for a cruise and it was reasonable but this I find to be outrageous...good grief..

I have no idea about any of the lots nearby and of course, you are right re security. I think we just may have to bit the bullet..and or park at friends and taxi it in and hope the taxi works our cheaper... getting much different quotes on taxi costs too !!

• 3 weeks later...
Ok...yes I am from the Vancouver area, but live outside of the city ...county bumpkins.

Anyhow...does anyone know of cheaper parking in the area for the week...I find it difficult to spend $184 for our vehicle to just sit there !! That could be a few cocktails :p!!! Unfortunately friends and family all work that day and I will be bringing a walker so luggage is a bit of an issue....

We are looking at leaving a vehicle nearer town at a friend place and taking a taxi, but would prefer not to do this.

We just may have to accept this as our transportation cost...we know many have to fly here or into Seattle so we really should not complain.

Thanks

I have parked for $20 per 24-hour day at the Terminal City Club. That is a little less expensive.

This interactive parking map might be of some help:

http://en.parkopedia.ca/parking/underground/terminal_city_club/v6c/vancouver/

Thanks

Depending on where in the country bumpkins you are, have you considered bus and Skytrain?? We routinely take our luggage on Skytrain, and as long as you don't try it during rushhour, it's a breeze. Maybe a taxi to King George, and Skytrain from there (assuming you're out that way)

• 2 weeks later...
Depending on where in the country bumpkins you are, have you considered bus and Skytrain?? We routinely take our luggage on Skytrain, and as long as you don't try it during rushhour, it's a breeze. Maybe a taxi to King George, and Skytrain from there (assuming you're out that way)

You could drive to YVR, park at the long term parking lot (discount coupons on line for $44.95 per week plus 33% parking tax-still less than downtown)- then take the Canada Line skytrain to Canada Place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived