Helium balloons on the QM2?

BattyBirdWoman

Does anyone know please, if there is anywhere on the QM2 where I can purchase a helium balloon? Or, anywhere I could get one filled if I bring an uninflated one from home?

Hi

I've never seen helium balloons for sale on board. I don't recall ever seeing a helium balloon on a table or in any display so I'd be doubtful there is anywhere to get one filled but it might be worth a call to ask them.

Otherwise I suppose you could check the small print about what can be brought onboard & bring your own canister to fill the balloon yourself - though it would be hard to keep it a secret from the recipient :D

I also have never seen helium balloons on the QM2. I think it might be a matter of eco-friendliness as these balloons, as fun as they are, can wrap around sea life and do great damage. But please call Cunard to see what their actual policy is. Maybe the kitchen could come up with something special for your dad.

I'm afraid those on NYE and the balloons on party nights in the QR are not helium though.
They definitely had them on the tables for NYE on QE/QV. And definitely helium filled. They used small canisters to fill them. We watched them doing it during lunch. Bell boy is right that the others are not helium as they wouldn't drop to the ground if they were!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app