New to crusing question about food.

Rainbowfalls

Can you honestly order as much as you want in the mdr and at the free locations? Does anyone look at you funny when you do this or does the waiter make you stop ordering? I want to try so many things and am afraid of getting shunned lol.

If I order the room continental breakfast do I tip per plate on this too?

I also read somewhere that if you cant make it to the dining room for dinner you are to tell your fellow dinning mates is this true?

Also in your opinion what should a first timer try out for dinner? or dessert?

I am going on the Sensation with Carnival if that helps thanks! :)

Yes, you really can order as many as you want. In fact if you tell you're waiter "I can't make up my mind between a and b" he'll probably automatically bring you both.

As for breakfast room service, we tipped $1-2 for one tray of food.

If you can't make it to your traditional dining time, it is polite to tell your tablemates if you know in advance just so they don't wait on you to order the next night.

Yes, you really can order as many as you want. In fact if you tell you're waiter "I can't make up my mind between a and b" he'll probably automatically bring you both.

As for breakfast room service, we tipped $1-2 for one tray of food.

If you can't make it to your traditional dining time, it is polite to tell your tablemates if you know in advance just so they don't wait on you to order the next night.

Thank you!. I didnt want to seem like little miss piggy lol but theres just so much that sounds good!.

ANd I really didn't want to mess with etiqueette when it comes to my tablemates :)

Yes...it's nice to tell your tablemates if you KNOW you won't be there, but if it's a "last minute" thing, there's no need to go out of your way to inform anyone.

Yes...order what you like...no one will "look" at you funny!

Tip for room service based on how much they have to carry. We do about $2 for pastries and coffee up to $5 for a full meal.

I am a total foodie, besides multiple "home cook" courses I always try to pick somewhere special to dine when I travel and try to never eat at restaurants I can eat at, at home. So this cruise is going to be so fun for me to try fun stuff and new experiences.

I am also on the Sensation I go on 2/9 so if you get any good tips let me know!

Christi

1st time cruiser

2/9 Carnival Sensation

Special Trip to Spoil my Mom a Little

Hi! My first cruise was on the Sensation, we didn't know about ordering more than one entree until LOBSTER night, but that was OK, there was food everywhere! Really! The Sensation has the best West Indian Pumpkin soup-and don't forget the Lido deck, your lunches will be served there. :)

Hi! My first cruise was on the Sensation, we didn't know about ordering more than one entree until LOBSTER night, but that was OK, there was food everywhere! Really! The Sensation has the best West Indian Pumpkin soup-and don't forget the Lido deck, your lunches will be served there. :)

thank you!!! I am so glad to hear positive about sensation's food lol I have heard bad things from other forums :(

Thank you everyone too! I am so excited cause I can have different foods lol, I live with a very very picky eater who is allergic to onions and only believes in meat lol So after a year of living together and making seperate meals I kinda gave up lol so now i eat whatever he can eat or likes so to save money and time....but i miss trying new things and veggies and :O lobster!!!

marshhawk...Can you please tell me about the west indian pumpkin soup?? I havent tried it because I dont want to waste it if I dont like the flavor. Is it sweet/dessert kind of soup or a creamy/salty kind of soup?

rainbowfalls...my all time favorite carnival food site www.zydecocruiser.com

Oh I have already looked at that site an drooled over the pictures and menus lol. but thank you for giving me a reason to click on it again :D and stare, drool repeat. lol

yes, try the pumpking soup

NO it is not sweet and nothing like the pie.

It is a smooth, savory soup with a hint of a chicken broth, not as thick as a cream soup but not watery. try it with another appetizer

Here in Australia, pumpkin is usually used as a vegetable, eg pumpkin soup, roast pumpkin, in a roasted vegetable salad - it's sweet in the way that carrots are sweet. We do, however, have pumpkin scones (which aren't sugary sweet either).

For most Aussies, we approach the idea of pumpkin pie, ie dessert, the same way you might approach pumpkin soup. Ditto for non-dessert salads and vegetable dishes involving marshmallows. :eek::rolleyes:

OP- if you like chocolate you have to try the warm chocolate melting cake for dessert

carhops- if you are really worried about wasting the food, ask your waiter for a half bowl of the soup instead of a full one. they are usually pretty accomodating

and dont forget that you can order the pasta dishes as an appetizer so you have room for trying more food :D

OP- if you like chocolate you have to try the warm chocolate melting cake for dessert

carhops- if you are really worried about wasting the food, ask your waiter for a half bowl of the soup instead of a full one. they are usually pretty accomodating

and dont forget that you can order the pasta dishes as an appetizer so you have room for trying more food :D

I am so looking forward to the melting cake ^_^ after hearing all the positive responses and the pictures of it I want one now lol. I know I am going to be so hooked the name alone sounds so yum

Archived