How do Thermal Suite passes work, particularly on Escape?

dougygreen

I'm booked on Escape next December. After watching a video tour of its Thermal Suite, I've decided that it's an absolute must. But...Why can't I find any pricing for weekly passes directly from NCL? Even when I follow their website and "Log in to view pricing" I get no results.

Several people have mentioned $199 (USD) per person on the forum. Is this reliable and up to date? Is it available to any room type? How long before I can book online, or at least view pricing? If I buy a week pass on a longer cruise, can I use the days at my leisure or must they be consecutive? Does Norwegian offer Thermal passes that cover the entirety of your cruise? When booking for the pass finally opens up - (90 days?)...is it a complete frenzy to book within a few days, otherwise its usually completely booked? I'm not really interested in day passes, but do they really exist? If so, how much do they cost and do you have to scramble on the first day and just hope they're available?

Typically the passes are available at your 90 day out mark. In our case they showed up in our account up until the 90th day. I went online to purchase them and they weren't there. I called NCL and booked them at the online price of $199 each for our January cruise.

I think you can purchase as many passes as there are passengers in your cabin. Another option is to book a Spa cabin. The thermosuite is included as a perk for those cabins. Just need to weigh out the cost differential. When we booked ours in August, it was cheaper to get a mini-suite and buy the passes separately.

good luck!

the Thermal spa passes are sold for length of cruise so will vary if yours is not a 7 day cruise which is typically $199

day passes are only available if length of cruise passes don't sell out so a gamble

as mentioned are available to buy at 90 day mark and usually a $20 discount rather than purchasing when on board

BonnieH is spot on. The thermal suite on the Escape is heavenly and highly recommended. I think there is a glitch with their web site because I couldn't book it on-line either. But I called and they booked it for me over the phone at $199. My wife booked on board for $219. Although there were a few heated lounger hogs the first at sea day, there was generally plenty of room for all and it was a quiet oasis on an otherwise crowded and often loud ship. This was by far the best thermal suite I have ever experienced.

I found out today it will be $279 US each for our 12 day. I was on the fence, but you've helped convince me. Thanks. It looks like a lovely sanctuary away from the crowds I keep reading about. Do you remember what the hours were like? Are they consistent, or does it close during certain periods of the day etc.? Are you given a separate access card, or is it programmed into the one you receive when boarding?

I found out today it will be $279 US each for our 12 day. I was on the fence, but you've helped convince me. Thanks. It looks like a lovely sanctuary away from the crowds I keep reading about. Do you remember what the hours were like? Are they consistent, or does it close during certain periods of the day etc.? Are you given a separate access card, or is it programmed into the one you receive when boarding?

As previously noted, the hours are 8-10 daily (but closes at 8pm the last night of the cruise). They put a sticker on your key card when you check in that allows you to enter the thermal suite.

One other nice perk to the thermal suite pass for me was the ability to use the nice and spacious showers in the men's locker rooms to clean up for dinner vs. traipsing back to my cabin in a wet bathing suit. Enjoy!

DW and I loved the Thermal Spa on the Escape. What I discovered when trying to book it (within the 90 day period) was that I had to choose either Day 1 or be sure no days were selected on the left side menu to be able to see it. Once I did that I was able to see it and add it to my cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked the Thermal Suite passes for our 13 day Med cruise on the Epic in March of 2016, and it might have been the best decision we made for that trip.

As OKSteve wrote, the Thermal Suite passes are marked on your reservation but you'll need to go to the Spa desk on your first day to get the stickers attached to your cruise card. After that, it's just a matter of showing your card to a Spa attendant and entering the thermal suite.

It's heaven. On the Epic there were rattan loungers aft which I spend hours in, reading and napping. The Mandara Spa on our cruise provided a perfect respite from the hustle-and-bustle of the rest of the ship. You'll love it, don't hesitate, life is short. Enjoy! Happy Cruising!