Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Red Hot Rubies (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=786)
-   -   New England cruisers (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1596095)

Carolyn R March 17th, 2012 07:52 PM

New England cruisers

I live in Stowe, Vermont and I know Lew lives in Burlington. I think we have several people from NH and somebody from Maine. Maybe we can try to have a gathering sometime before Oct 2013. :)

timetravler March 18th, 2012 10:56 AM

I don't live in New England, but will be going there on a cruise this Oct 26th on the Emerald. But Carolyn, I wanted to ask you, when did you live in San Rafael, or in Marin? I was born and raised there. I lived there until 1972 or so.

Carolyn R March 18th, 2012 11:19 AM

Not me. I have lived in New Jersey, Hawaii and Vermont.

Northender March 19th, 2012 11:29 AM

Sounds good to me (the someone from Maine:D) We are near the NH border (North Conway), so just let us know the plans.:)

jodi58 March 19th, 2012 06:58 PM

we are not from New England but sure spend enough time there!

would you accept a couple of Montrealers in your group?

Jo and Norm

Carolyn R March 19th, 2012 07:52 PM

Yes, you are certainly welcome! Maybe we should say Northeast North American meet and greet. I live in Stowe in Vermont. Where do you visit in New England?

jodi58 March 19th, 2012 08:00 PM

we mostly go to Burlington for weekend getaways,

I spent every summer in Vermont until I was about 18 so I feel like a honorary Vermonter!

Jo

DreaminginFlorida March 19th, 2012 08:00 PM

Another NE couple!

Hello!

we are Joe and Claire from Massachusetts and just booked today.

Actually we are snowbirds we spend 6 months in Mass/NH area and 6 months in SE Fla.

So if there are any get togethers this summer or next while we are in that area we would be glad to meet ya'll.

Carolyn-Joe and I were on the Ruby Flames cruise I may be wrong but I think you were also. I know I did meet Ann,Lynda and a few other ladies.

Anyway,just wanted to stop by and say "Hello" and hope we get a chance to meet at some point.:)

Claire

Northender March 19th, 2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn R (Post 32965266)
Yes, you are certainly welcome! Maybe we should say Northeast North American meet and greet. I live in Stowe in Vermont. Where do you visit in New England?

Carolyn, that sounds great. that could include a lot of Canadians and NY/NJ area.

Claire, we are originally from MA. Bedford. We have been in Maine for 2 /12 years since retirement.:)

Carolyn R March 21st, 2012 07:51 PM

We have so many great summer events here in Vermont, both Stowe and Burlington. Maybe we could plan a weekend here in Vermont this summer or fall based on a special event like the Jazz festival, Oktoberfest, or one of the culinary or street fair events. I get many emails with Groupon, Jumponit, etc. that are always offering 50% off on accommodations, meals, etc. I will let everyone know if I see something good.

Carolyn R April 28th, 2012 01:40 PM

Dave (Carib) said that he and his wife Leni will be flying into Vermont in August before touring in Canada. I think that would be a good time to have a get together of New Englanders (everyone else welcome too). Who wants to join us?

carib April 28th, 2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn R (Post 33550687)
Dave (Carib) said that he and his wife Leni will be flying into Vermont in August before touring in Canada. I think that would be a good time to have a get together of New Englanders (everyone else welcome too). Who wants to join us?

Carolyn, we are flying in August 25 and flying out from Burlington September 8. Either of those times will work for me.

Northender April 28th, 2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn R (Post 33550687)

We have 2 things on the calendar right now and one is the Aug 24th weekend. Plans do change tho. Will watch for updates, etc.:):)

Carolyn R May 30th, 2012 03:54 PM

Dave and Leni (caribe) will be in Burlington, Vermont the afternoon and night of August 25 on their way to a car trip through eastern Canada. I will be meeting them for dinner that evening and want to invite any New Englanders who can make it. Any other non NEers who want to visit our beautiful state are welcome too.

jodi58 May 30th, 2012 10:15 PM

hi Carolyn,

we will probably be in Burlington that weekend for our wedding anniversary( 34 years!!! ) I'll let you know when our plans are confirmed. Sure would like to join you!

Jo

carib May 31st, 2012 08:08 PM

I hope some New England folks can join us in August. I have seen Tide Water, Florida, Ontario people get together but I don't think I have seen any New England.

Carolyn R July 24th, 2012 10:46 AM

It looks like our little group is coming together. Gloria and Lew can make it on Saturday August 25th. Now we need to make a plan, where to meet, what to do, where to eat. Is that going to work for you Jo?

Carolyn R July 24th, 2012 11:11 AM

Sorry, I meant Nan and Lew from beautiful Burlington Vermont. Maybe Gloria and Lew want to come too?

carib July 24th, 2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn R (Post 34654532)
It looks like our little group is coming together. Gloria and Lew can make it on Saturday August 25th. Now we need to make a plan, where to meet, what to do, where to eat. Is that going to work for you Jo?

Carolyn I was reading about Church Street Market. Looks like plenty of good places to eat there.

Carolyn R July 25th, 2012 12:52 PM

There are several good restaurants on the Church Street Marketplace, Leunig's http://www.leunigsbistro.com/ and Sweetwater's http://www.leunigsbistro.com/ to name two. Lew would probably have some good suggestions too.