Eurodam Questions

EngSet

Hi! Considering Eurodam for a trip with DH in 2018.

Some rather basic questions about the Eurodam:

Is there still a Crow's Nest on the ship? Looks like a great place to read. ( Saw some videos on YouTube.)

Are there other quiet areas for reading?

Regarding Signature suite versus Neptune, could you share why you would choose one over the other?

Also, any Neptune suites that you think are in the best location?

Lastly, for Eurodam fans, what are your favorite features of the ship?

Thanks!

Hi! Considering Eurodam for a trip with DH in 2018.

Some rather basic questions about the Eurodam:

Is there still a Crow's Nest on the ship? Looks like a great place to read. ( Saw some videos on YouTube.)

Are there other quiet areas for reading?

Regarding Signature suite versus Neptune, could you share why you would choose one over the other?

Also, any Neptune suites that you think are in the best location?

Lastly, for Eurodam fans, what are your favorite features of the ship?

Thanks!

Crows Nest was still there in December but Hal has plans to change it drastically, not sure when though.

Plenty of areas for reading, some like Lincoln Center, we go to the Ocean Bar area.

We usually do a Signature Suite, plenty enough for two people. Neptunes are nice but we don't care about the perks vs. cost.

Haven't had a Neptune in awhile but if you go that route I would pick one near the Concierge Lounge.

The Eurodam is our fav for various reasons. We like the changes such as Lincoln Center, Gallery Bar, Boardwalk, etc. The Ocean Bar is our spot.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there's still a Crow's Nest. Other good places to read are the Ocean Bar, the Pinnacle Bar, and the Promenade Deck if you want to be outside.

A Signature Suite is about 1.5 times the size of a regular balcony cabin. A Neptune Suite is twice the size of a regular balcony cabin. The Neptune Suite comes with extra perks, whereas the Signature Suite is pretty much just extra room. However, in terms of bang for the buck, the Signature Suites deliver excellent value.

If money is not an issue, go with a Neptune Suite. We prefer the ones closest to the Neptune Lounge, midship. The Neptune and Signature Suites at the aft of the ship have their fans, owing to the larger balconies. We still prefer midship though.

If you are booking a Signature Suite, the ones on deck 5 have balconies that are less deep. Go for deck 6. The price is often the same.

If you don't mind wading through a long thread, we covered the Eurodam in a lot of detail here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2432473

I posted menus, photos, and a lot of rambling commentary. It's a fairly thorough write up, but it's long enough that you'll want to pack a lunch and a few bottles of wine to keep you sustained. (Coffee might not be a bad idea either. I tend to ramble on.)

Thanks so much for the info. Will definitely check out the link/ thread.

Appreciate all of you responding.:-)

The Eurodam is on of our favorite ships. You'll have a great time.

Free laundry and dry cleaning is a great perk of the Neptunes. We seldom come home needing to do laundry right away. We've been in aft-wrap Neptunes several cruises in a row (those on the rear corner with the large wrap-around verandas). Depending on your itinerary, the 270 degree field of view can be a huge plus, but other than the aft pool, Lido, or MDR, everything else involves a longer walk, which is probably a good thing. We enjoy the continental breakfast and snacks in the Neptune Lounge. The Concierge in the NL can be a big help with various things, including about everything you might do at the front desk. I enjoy the good coffee and danish with the early news of the day on the Lounge satellite TV which allows my bride to sleep in peace. I do use the Nespresso machine (like a Kuerig) for a decent cup in the suite while getting dressed. I can't speak for the Sig Suites, but the Neptunes we've stayed in have a small dressing area outside the bath which keeps the light and a lot of noise away while I'm getting ready in the early morning. Mimosas with room service are standard if desired.

If you haven't already done it, click "Onboard" on the top banner on the HAL site, then "Suites and Staterooms". They do a good job of breaking out the increased amenities as you move up the offered suites.

I forgot to mention breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. After my coffee/news stop in the Lounge, I drop down to the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast. The menu is the same as in the Main Dining Room, but you get amazing service and a great view.

We loved the Eurodam. The ship never felt crowded and the crows nest and exploration cafe are both great spots for reading or playing a board game.

The Lido pool was quiet on our cruise too but we spent most of our onboard time out on our balcony.

A number of lounges are quiet in the evenings which affords a nice opportunity for an intimate drink with your significant other.

I would cruise on Eurodam again in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all again for your advice and info sharing.

I think we are leaving towards one of the aft Neptune suits. I just think we would really enjoy it. :-)

Hoping the keep the Crow's Nest on the Eurodam- such a nice space and one of the main reasons the ship caught our eye. And, from the video I saw online, look like others really enjoy it, too!