VIDEO CRUISE REVIEW: Celebrity Equinox Feb. 20 - March 3, with Mardi Gras

BILL-WI

From February 20 - March 3, 2017 my DW, Rosie, and I took a cruise vacation on Celebrity Equinox. The trip included a 2 night stop in New Orleans for Mardi Gras!

I made a short (15 min) video of the whole trip. Hope you enjoy watching, almost as much, as we enjoyed taking the trip.:):):)

BILL

"Good morning!" Another fantastic and fun video Bill. Many thanks!+++ Love the pix and the amusing and insightful commentary. Please thank Rosie for us too.

We are booked on Equinox on 1106, which is right near your cabin. Do you think 1106 has a bigger balcony as well?

Edited by benjaminhuf

Great video, we will be on the Jazz Festaval cruise on April 24th & also staying 2 nights in N.O. my question is while in N.O. how did you get back to the ship?? Cab, walk?? Is it safe?

george35

So well done, thanks for sharing! I also share George

s concern with walkablility , distance and travel and safety in NOLA.. I am not a long distance walker like you and your wife, in fact have some walking concerns. What is your reccomendation for traveling within the city, to the French Quarter, Garden District and WWII museum? Thanks so much for any assistance.

BILL-WI...Once again another great job with your cruise video. Thanks for taking us along. (y)

Thanks for watching...

"Good morning!" Another fantastic and fun video Bill. Many thanks!+++ Love the pix and the amusing and insightful commentary. Please thank Rosie for us too.

We are booked on Equinox on 1106, which is right near your cabin. Do you think 1106 has a bigger balcony as well?

Thanks for watching. Yes 1106 will have a larger balcony.

Great video, we will be on the Jazz Festaval cruise on April 24th & also staying 2 nights in N.O. my question is while in N.O. how did you get back to the ship?? Cab, walk?? Is it safe?

george35

We walked back to the ship right down Julia Street and never felt in any danger. :):):)

BILL

Thanks for taking all of us along on your great cruise.

Loved you video of a fun cruise.

Thanks for watching, we had a blast!

This is outstanding. Really admire your efforts! Sailing on her April 14 for 10 days!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We did the 10 day version in December of last year.

Excellent video BIll, thanks!

Thanks for watching and I am glad you liked it!

BILL

Thanks for posting! Will have to see about the 10,000 steps each morning.

Looks like a great cruise!

10,000 steps and I ate what I wanted...gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks! It is gone already! Thanks for watching...

Awesome job!

Bill and Rosie,

Sounds and looks like a great time. How was the parade and did you feel safe on Bourbon St and at Mardi Gras itself?

We you two on Equinox recently or Constellation ? You seem to look very familiar!

Again great job on video..

Bourbon Street was very safe during the day, we did not go at night. Mardi Gras was very safe and there were many families. I did not take any valuables with me. Thanks for Watching....

We were just on Equinox in December and we were on Connie in February of 2016.

So well done, thanks for sharing! I also share George's concern with walkablility , distance and travel and safety in NOLA.. I am not a long distance walker like you and your wife, in fact have some walking concerns. What is your recommendation for traveling within the city, to the French Quarter, Garden District and WWII museum? Thanks so much for any assistance.

The places you mention are between 3/4 of a mile to a mile from the ship. If walking is an issue for you, Mardi Gras will not be your cup of tea...very hard to get transportation to the events and almost IMPOSSIBLE to get transportation back, once the event is finished. If you go to New Orleans at other times, getting transportation is MUCH easier. :):)

Thanks for watching...

Thanks so much for taking me along, great job on the video.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for watching. Glad you enjoyed the journey!:D

BILL

From February 20 - March 3, 2017 my DW, Rosie, and I took a cruise vacation on Celebrity Equinox. The trip included a 2 night stop in New Orleans for Mardi Gras!

I made a short (15 min) video of the whole trip. Hope you enjoy watching, almost as much, as we enjoyed taking the trip.:):):)

BILL

Thanks, Bill, good job. We will be in 9268, next to yours in July. Appreciate the view of our room and your great Video.

Great Video Bill. We tried to book that cruise two years ago while on board the Equinox. Concierge and above were all sold out. We had to settle for the sailing next Monday instead :cool:

Great video, Bill. How did you get to stand at that balcony? Did that require purchase of tickets before the cruise? Is it better to watch at street level or balcony? I see you did both.

Thank you for watching...You have to go very early and stake out your territory to be able to stand on the rail. If you can get a balcony that is good too, but you may not get as many things thrown to you (Beads, stuffed toys, painted coconuts). Most places require tickets to be able to see the parade from a grandstand, but you can watch in MANY places from the sidewalk for FREE! There is a place called 709 Events, do not use them for anything, for any reason...nuff said on that subject!

Another great video, Bill. We enjoyed meeting you and Rosie in the World Class Bar in December.

Laura

Thank you for watching. Yes, we love the World Class Bar!:):)

Thanks, Bill, good job. We will be in 9268, next to yours in July. Appreciate the view of our room and your great Video.

Thanks for watching and I am sure you will love Cabin 9268. Your bed will be near the balcony...I love cabins like that!

Very nice video!

Thanks for watching and the kind words.

BILL

Great Video Bill. We tried to book that cruise two years ago while on board the Equinox. Concierge and above were all sold out. We had to settle for the sailing next Monday instead :cool:

Thanks for watching and I am sure you will love your cruise. We booked In early January 2015 for the cruise and all Aqua, and CC were sold out at that time.

Who was the Cruise Director on your sailing ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Thank you for watching and John Grantham was the CD.

BILL